Wanting to start insanity, but sedentary for 10 years...

The last time I was self disciplined, and lost with my wife (now exwife). I managed to lose 100 lbs with a different program. That was a good job. Kept me busy, but I slacked off and changed jobs, to a sedentary lifestyle... in a call center...

I wonder if I can even do this. Has anyone went from sedentary to doing Insanity? I've seen alot of success stories.

Thanks!

Replies

• yogagirl0215
    yogagirl0215 Posts: 1 Member
    Not exactly 10 years but had 2 kids and was fairly inactive for the last 3ish years aside from chasing them around and going on a hike here and there and i just completed my first week of insanity. I have just worn a heart rate monitor to make sure I stayed safe and took more rest if I needed it. Good luck.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Insanity is exactly that, insane. I'd recommend starting with T25 but if you want to jump right, go for it!
  • LaupepaV
    LaupepaV Posts: 1 Member
    Have done insanity and earlier beachbody programs like Power90. Most recently have tried insanity max 30. The good thing is they have alternative moves you can try so would be good to get back into it after a long sedentary period. Its tough but its worth it!
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    The last time I was self disciplined, and lost with my wife (now exwife). I managed to lose 100 lbs with a different program. That was a good job. Kept me busy, but I slacked off and changed jobs, to a sedentary lifestyle... in a call center...

I wonder if I can even do this. Has anyone went from sedentary to doing Insanity? I've seen alot of success stories.

Thanks!

If you're still down to start I'll start with you. It's been about that long for me being dedicated. :smile:
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Well when I was younger I was REALLY skinny but REALLY sedetary. Idkk what happened. And idunno how long it's been maybe not 10 years. But I also worked in a call center. But alot of ppl at that job were super motivated. And I had alot of gym people at my call center job so I started going too until i found insanity the original. Which i couldn't ever complete. But I still pushed play even though I was the heaviest I ever been. Probably attempted it like at least 7-10 times. But i was so new to beach body programs. My tips are to 1. Just do the workouts but DONT DIG DEEP. I swear you will be in pain regardless cause the workouts are hard. Just don't be hard on yourself and dont try to go as hard as you can even tho shaun t says DIG DEEP. And don't follow the speed as the ppl on the dvd 2. Make sure you drink protein after every workout SOO IMPORTANT i wish i knew this before and even double up on protein dont worry about calories for now. Cause your body needs it. 3. Just push play every day
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    I sent this a bit of a while ago. Thank you lilly. It's good to see that it is possible. I figured that I would work on the fit test until it becomes easy, then I will do the main program. What's funny is that there are all these fit people doing the exercises. But I will never forget the guy in the fit test. He wasn't ready to do as much exercise on the first DVD. hehehehe The Fit test, I will work on.
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    SunAriel1, I figure the fit test is my goal. I start water walking at the local rec center tomorrow. We'll see how I do with the non-pressure on my knees. It's why I chickened out last time.

Laupepa5: No doubt. I am a more solid person, now that my sons have passed on. I was a wreck, but I never cried. I'm not about to give up on things because I know I can do it. Sometimes it takes time, but I know I can do it again (this time 120... I'm 274 again) Goal is 145. Maybe 160 with muscle.

One day at a time. That's all we can do. I think it's interesting that you are told to only take in 1500 cals or less during Insanity's weeks. I can't do that... I will go for 1800 (which is still 500 less than what I typically eat, and see how I feel) Eventually, my body will kick over to fat, and so it goes.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I'll let you know how my water walking does. I'll report back tomorrow!
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Heyy, I am currently in a rut with working out... i gave up on insanity, like it is possible it is all about the mindset but its very exhausting doing so much cardio for like an hour like its very intense... I ended up being really into 21 day fix... I am thinking of doing it again, its really fun and muscle burns fat right and it works just as good. its not like extreme results but, my body was looking more toned... like i dont just look skinny which is what insanity does which is great for weight loss but what i love about 21 day fix is that theres weights so you burn fat but you lose weight all over your body like your legs get tighter, arms , stomach etc
  • doubletwinmami
    doubletwinmami Posts: 3 Member
    I just started Insanity after doing no exercise for 6 years due to raising babies. I am on week 3 of Insanity and have been doing all exercise but at my own pace and oh my do I sweat & feel my muscles at work. So I say yes anyone can do it but be aware of how much your body could handle!