Just got a KitchenAidMixer! Mine's pink... what color is yours?

2»

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Mine's "cranberry" - a dark pink. Very pretty to look at, but I usually keep a cover on it to keep it clean.

I love using mine to shred chicken or pork (cook it in the crock pot and throw them in with the paddle attachment). I use mine to whip mashed potatoes too. Else it's mostly cookies and things I shouldn't be eating. :sunglasses:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Red. I got it at my wedding shower 13+ years ago. It's never even been taken out of the box. To be honest, I don't even know where it is. Crawlspace, maybe?

That would drive me crazy. I'd at least give it away or sell it.

There would have to be a zombie apocalypse or something similar to get me into the crawlspace. LOL
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    These are sooooooooo pretty, and I want one... but I can't justify it. Although I cook much more than I used to, I don't end up cooking that many things that require a mixer (or most of the other cool gadgets you can attach to the thing).
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Mine collects dust up high. Hard to find healthy recipes.
    I use my Ninja Mixer bowl to mix things now. Sometimes my food processor.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited September 2017
    Black which I chose, all of my countertop appliances are black and silver/chrome. I use it mainly to mix cakes and frosting as I make all my grandkids cakes for their birthdays.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Mine is white and of unknown vintage. Friends had an "extra" in their cellar and gave it to me. Who has an extra KA mixer!!??!! I did not look a gift horse in the mouth and happily brought it home.
  • towardaminime
    towardaminime Posts: 27 Member
    Mine is white and 30 years old. I used it more when my kids were younger and we lived 30 minutes from a grocery store. I would bake bread 3 times a week plus other cooking. Currently use it for making bread dough, noodles, cookies, and birthday cakes.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Hot Pink! Limited Edition with a glass bowl!! LOVE IT!!!!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    White... because it was the least expensive option.
  • melissaulmen
    xeyjmcops0em.jpg
  • Deb4667
    Deb4667 Posts: 6 Member
    xeyjmcops0em.jpg

• Deb4667
    Deb4667 Posts: 6 Member
    Pretty!!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Red!
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Black Onyx.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Deb4667 wrote: »
    I'm looking for new ways to make healthier versions of food with my new stand mixer!
    Mine is Silver and black and we use for things like Hummus and Guacamole
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I have a vintage Hamilton Beach circa 1940's. Probably similar to @girlinahat's Kenwood. It's chrome and white and belonged to my grandmother. I should use it more than I do, but because it's not that pretty it sits in my corner appliance "garage" instead of on the counter.

I've thought about getting a KA vanity mixer, but why? The old girl still works just fine. Great ideas on this thread, so I will dust it off and try it for guacamole or hummus next time.
  • melissaulmen
    Healthy muffins! Fiber, blueberry, lemon, banana. Pinterest has lots of great healthy recipe options. I use it most to make banana bread muffins.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    I have a red artisan. No attachments. I want the pasta attachment but haven't sprung for it. I bake a lot and don't ever want to go back to doing without. I bought an extra bowl and that's been amazing during holiday to get
    Batches of cookies and frostings going more quickly!! Enjoy.
    Also, I can't say I've ever made anything "healthy" with it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Purple... my favorite color.