1 month

Normally when I hit 1 month I give up. I get sick of dieting and working out if I have even made it to 1 month. Today makes 1 month. I have lost just under 8 pounds and 4 inches off my hips and waist combine. That is a good feeling! Things I have notice about my month long journey is that if I wait three days almost all cravings go away, if I sit at work all day then I am more likely to sit at night, it is easier to just pack a lunch then to find something semi healthy on a fast food menu, and I have an awesome support group I just need to ask for help. I focused mostly on my diet at the this pass month. At first I cut out all sugars and starchy carbs, I knew they would be my down fall, towards the end of the month (also my time of the month) I brought back carbs and some sugars but have worked on moderation. My goals for this next month is to work my run from a 3.8 miles per hour on the treadmill at a 6 incline to a 4.4 mile at a 7 incline, to start doing yoga to work on my flexibility, and to get my weekly step goal to 70,000 right now I am at 62,825.

Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• rweeden357
    rweeden357 Posts: 4 Member
    I typically hit the 1 month slump too - I love that you have new goals for yourself, that's gotta keep you motivated!!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Congrats on your progress! Be patient and do not give up.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Congratulations. I also hit one month a few days ago. We can do it!
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    1 more month down. I am 18 pounds down, woot woot! Another 3 inches gone. This past week I was sick for 2 days and got my lowest weight. I have been up a little this pass week but I had a lot of sodium and carbs over the weekend. (This causes me to retain water big time.) I also hadn't been drinking my green tea, which helps with the bloating for me and keeps me regular. I am going to be back on that today. I did start a 12 week weight lifting program to follow. I have been doing more cardio outside so I am not sure where I am on that goal. I am up over 70,000 steps for the week. This past week I have been off because two days I only made it to 2,500 steps (walking to the bathroom). I am hoping to see 20 pounds by my birthday in 2 weeks. It is also our annul Halloween party. I have already start making precautions for the food. I don't like coconut so I plan on adding that to some of the desserts I am makes. With the holidays coming up I plan on taking it day by day and hope that when the new year is here that I have lost almost 14 pounds to see the 199 on the scale.

Have a wonderful month!

Thank you for all the support. How has your last month been?
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Great job. Stay motivated. I'm almost to my one month mark also, and going for my 10th lb. I've also lost inches as well. Good feeling isn't it? I must say it hasn't been that hard for me. I'm not hungry and eating well. I don't exercise much, but feel good when I do. Logging is once again becoming a way of life (this is not my first time around). I haven't eaten much sugar in years, and although I'm not on a low-carb diet I find I still log under my allotment of carbs and over on fats. Seems to be working. I've started eating no-sugar snacks like pudding, Jello, or ice cream when I'm craving something sweet. I use Stevia to sweeten other things.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Great on the 1 month and 10 lb loss! I find the inches to be more exciting than the pounds, maybe because I can see the difference more when I compare inches to pounds. This is the first time I have stuck with it this long. Stay strong we will show this food who is in charge. (I am not fond of sugar substitutes, I find them to have a bitter after taste) If I stay under my carbs and sodium I feel so much better. Can not wait to be out the 200s. 14 pounds I got this!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Spectacular job! Congratulations!