Effective Lean bulk workout schedule for men

A.Work out everyday for 5 days and rest 2days
B.Workout every non consecutive days 4 days rest 3 days workout
C.Workout 2 days rest 1 day and work 2 days and rest weekends
I will be lifting heavy progressively heavy every week and eating at maintenance when resting and 500+ above maintenance on workout day.

I want to know which is the most effective program for men ?

When I workout 5 days a week I tend to loose a lot of weight and suffer from fatigue . I personally think no one should work out 5 times a day consecutively without rest .

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think you confusing days per week with correct volume. Without knowing what your training each day and how much I can't give advice. look at programs like PPL PHAT PHUL 5/3/1 etc. I like to mix power and hypertrophy days on PPL and have no issues at 5 days per week. If your tired and unable to recover reduce your volume,sleep enough and eat enough depending on your goals
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    As jdog022 said, depends on volume. It also depends on where you are in your weight-lifting. If you are in a beginner phase (i.e., still linear development), you can probably get by on 2 or 3 days a week. Most intermediate programs are 4 days per week (2, rest, 2, rest the weekend). Also depends on age. In high school I worked out 5 days a week, drank some milk, and got swole. Ah, to be young.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Suggest the extra 500 come within the 24 _after_ the workout when your body will know what to do with the extra food.

If you lift in the mornings, then an increase that day is fine.
    If you lift in the evenings, some increase that day, but an increase the next day too, would be better for recovery.

Ditto's to above as to what program, what lifts on what day.

If starting out doing the now faddish 1 muscle group per day, then 5 days weekly isn't bad probably if sleep is good.
    But it's hardly enough frequency/volume for a good overload if starting out.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Default advice for hypertrophy is start with around 10 hard sets per week, spread over 2 or 3 weekly training sessions per muscle group.

So a full body 3 times per week is great for beginners, doing 3 sets per bodypart.

Or an upper lower split 2x per week with 5 sets per bodypart per session.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    wwn9mwqdtx3p.jpg
    Another good workout this morning.
  • idrisatlanta
    idrisatlanta Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm only a hundred 135 pounds and I look bigger than a 150 pound regular dude cause I keep my body lean but I'm trying to gain weight so far I'm still working on it
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I'm only a hundred 135 pounds and I look bigger than a 150 pound regular dude cause I keep my body lean but I'm trying to gain weight so far I'm still working on it

But now everyone here knows you're only 135lbs..........

I'm 235lbs but look 150
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    wwn9mwqdtx3p.jpg
    Another good workout this morning.

not sure what that has to do with this thread but good job
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Suggest the extra 500 come within the 24 _after_ the workout when your body will know what to do with the extra food.

If you lift in the mornings, then an increase that day is fine.
    If you lift in the evenings, some increase that day, but an increase the next day too, would be better for recovery.

Ditto's to above as to what program, what lifts on what day.

If starting out doing the now faddish 1 muscle group per day, then 5 days weekly isn't bad probably if sleep is good.
    But it's hardly enough frequency/volume for a good overload if starting out.

Thanks ! I like your idea