Changing my life

Options
I'm in my mid-late 20's and realizing I'm not getting any younger, or smaller. I was very active as a teen but that has diminished greatly. Now it's just hard to stay focused and positive about a healthy lifestyle.. how do you guys do it?!

Replies

• JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That is great you are becoming conscious of these issues now, it took me until mid 30's to realize what you do now and I wish i started in my 20's. The key is to do something that you enjoy and can do for the long-term. Maybe that is strength training, maybe it is swimming, maybe running. The idea is that whatever you do now you need to go in with the mindset of I need to be able to do this for the rest of my life. If you can make that commitment you are on the right track. If you can't, find something else because you will not have long-term success. Goodluck!
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    figure out the person you want to be and become her.

find the things she/you like, and do them.

i started lifting/taking care of myself more seriously only around the same time as you, and I wouldn't change a thing. sure, i would've started earlier, but ::shrugs:: i got there now and I'm happy.

relax, you're in it for the long haul. :) create some good habits and love whoever you choose to be. (with the understanding that love sometimes means tough love and you gotta be honest with yourself about what your goals are and how you're meeting them)
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Seeing the results of my hard work keeps me going
  • EloiseBean
    EloiseBean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't try to lose weight quickly. Don't have a set date on when you want to lose the weight by. Wasted 3 years of my life doing this, and it never worked. Instead I kept gaining weight. I'm not strict with what I eat. I never make big changes, I just eat less of what I like. If you can't find a work out you like, just start with walking until you do. Try to take the stairs . Or ride your bike