Feeling anxious

Today was not a good day. I started this journey 3 months ago and I have lost 26 pounds so far. Have another 18 to go to hit goal. Problem is I've been here before and I get stuck. Today I was feeling tired and anxious. I know why I'm tired, getting only 4 hours of sleep will do that to a person. What I'm trying to understand is where this anxiety is coming from. I'm in a new relationship and that is going well, maybe a little too well? Things are moving along a little more quickly than I'm comfortable with. Work is stressing me out with all the overtime and having to work with the biggest B on the planet. My to do list is about a mile long but I'm so damned tired. Started body boot camp last week and was supposed to go today. Instead I went to Wawa and got coffe, doughnuts and a banana nut muffin. Now I'm laying in bed feeling guilty and miserable. I really need to understand where my anxiety is coming from and why it causes me to crave something sweet and to overeat. I need better coping mechanisms and I need to get some sleep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just had a light bulb moment. I'm getting out of this bed and going for a walk.

Replies

• lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 220 Member
    Hey @hrmartinski I'm not sure if you're aware but you've posted this in the Challenges section. You might want to post in the motivation and support section to get more responses.

I'm sorry you're struggling right now. You've named a number of things that are likely contributing to your feelings of anxiety including lack of sleep, stress at work and poor diet. When I have a few sleepness nights in a row I take a gravol (I think it's call dramamine in the U.S.) to knock me out to ensure I get some sleep. I only do this very occasionally and when I'm desperate to get some sleep.

I hope you felt a little better after your walk. Exercise has great benefits for mental health.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    You listed a whole list of things that would stress anyone out! TRY to get a little more r and r. Perhaps if you are seeing your partner more than is practical, cut back by one day a week. Learning to say no is the only way to stop being put upon by other people, at work in particular. Enough sleep is another problem. There are lots of ways to try and improve sleep, you can look them up, but no media in the bedroom and none for an hour before sleep are very important.