Anyone doing keto??

Options

Replies

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Just want to correct - KETO is HIGH fat but moderate protein....so be careful make sure you do research.
  • skinnyroxparty
    skinnyroxparty Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think I'm doing KETO! :) lol I automatically cut out bread and cereals as soon as I start trying to lose weight. I eat tons of fruits and vegetables though and I looooove a baked sweet potato! Most of my intake comes from protein and fat.. I'm addicted to smoked salmon with poached eggs and spinach atm <3 yummmm
  • Incubuswarmth436
    Options
    I just started 4 days ago & have lost 4 1/2 pounds. I LOVE this diet. Not only am I dropping weight fast, but I feel amazing (no energy dips throughout the day), I feel more focused & I'm really not hungry. I just eat my 3 meals a day & do not feel the need to snack like I used to. Plus I really don't even feel like I am dieting. The food I am eating is very yummy, I don't feel like I am missing out. I do miss sugar occasionally.
  • WickedWynds
    WickedWynds Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Started KETO again last Saturday and feel great. Last time I lost 12lbs in the first month. Got off track when my husband fell ill. Extremely motivated right now and and 6lbs off this week!!! In full ketosis and loving all my food choices. Making a batch of "cheese bread" this afternoon
  • achindss
    achindss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it, but honestly, I think I should wait until after the holidays.
  • britesea123
    britesea123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    there's a whole bunch of keto-friendly suggestions for holiday feasts if you google
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I started out by cutting out a few carbs here and there and lost 4 pounds over 5 months. Since early August I got better about cutting out carbs. Then I read "Why We Get Fat and What to do About It" by Gary Taubes. That's when I kicked into the keto diet. I've lost 44 pounds since 8/10, losing 2-4 pounds per week. It was hard at first to pass up all the breads and fruits and goodies but now it's very easy to pass them up.

Thanksgiving dinner might be a challenge but I plan to keep as close as I can to below 25g per day. But, bottom line, I know I can eat up to 100g of carbs per day and still lose weight so I don't stress out about the days I miss the 25g target.
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am 5 days in today - My body was in ketosis by day 3 and NO keto flu! @nellyjones25 I'm on keto! @MANDRADE36 - my suggestion to you is keep it SIMPLE at first and make sure your macros are properly calculated. I have been trying a few recipes here and there - my next is a low carb soup i'm going to try.

anyone on keto or not please feel free to add me too!

Yes!! Keep it simple. The recipes to mock carb recipes get to be overwhelming. I have done a few but for the most part I keep it pretty darn simple. Had great results beginning of the year. Then I went through some crap gave up and ate and drank a ridiculous amount. Starts October 17th at 184.. am sitting at 164 as of today. Yay!! It really is a fantastic diet. I hate counting calories. I love that I can go out to eat and it is relatively easy to stick to keto. It's a do able diet in my opinion!!
  • barbsannesprague
    Options
    I am & lost 12lbs in the first month but maintained for 2 weeks. I am finding it hard to balance the carbs & calories though so any help would be welcomed. TIA ps. Please feel free to add me
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try the Low Carbers Daily Forum. It is a private group dedicated to LCHF lifestyle. There is lots of good information available. It is a private group so you must request admission but its well worth it.
  • SunnyJShores
    SunnyJShores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into Keto - I note several replies are months ago - I wonder -- anyone still doing this & how's it going for you?
  • ebquija
    ebquija Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing keto. 75 days in and around 60 pounds down(No official weigh in until next month). Doing about 1600 calories per day. Good luck to you, and if you have any questions, send them my way!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Here's the Low Carber Daily MFP group's link which was mentioned above;
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jolena_75
    jolena_75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Keto
  • sec0416
    sec0416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still doing my research on keto, trying to get recipes together in the shopping list. Probably starting next week. I definitely need friends to motivate me
  • pfreeman1970
    pfreeman1970 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started last Monday lost 5lbs sofar
  • EmmiePoun
    EmmiePoun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My mom has been on the keto diet for the last few months. She has already lost 90lbs! I recently joined it with her. The only thing I have noticed that is bad is she has been having to take supplements because she started to lose hair! But other than that after you get past the first two weeks it is great and I have so far enjoyed it!
  • Beth2208
    Beth2208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the keto diet 3 days ago and I've already lost 5 lbs! I know it's water weight but 5 lbs is 5 lbs lol. I definitely don't feel bloated and gross anymore.
  • rondineff7266
    rondineff7266 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes just started Keto about 4 weeks ago and I’m down close to 25 lbs. I know that most of the beginning weight loss was fluid because I am considered obese. I need to lose 75 more lbs. to reach my goal.