Fast mimicking

Anyone have any thoughts or have experience with this?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Bunch of woo? (Was that right? Do I get a prize?? :D )
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    What woo gimmicks is this? How does it supposedly work?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited September 2017
    I had to google this as it's something I hadn't come across before. It looks like a cross between 5-2 and keto? It's a very... oddly constructed diet. It looks like nonsense to me, but maybe someone else has more details.

https://thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    It looks like just another woo diet, not supposed to do it for more than 5 days or without doctors advice. Also selling the usual low calorie food replacement items that ensure very low calorie intake. So personally I would not bother to waste my money on this.

Just put your statistics into MFP choose the amount of weight you want to lose per week and eat the amount of calories it tells you.

• nicci288693
    nicci288693 Posts: 73 Member
    It's supposed to be the quickest way to get into ketosis. Its a kind of fast I guess. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Why do you want to be in ketosis?
  • nicci288693
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Why do you want to be in ketosis?

I'm on the keto diet
  • nicci288693
    mmapags wrote: »
    Are you insulin resistant? If not, forget the gimmick diets. Calorie deficit and time. And no, I've never heard of fast mimicking. Seriously, stop looking for the magic pill. It doesn't exist.

Keto or ketosis isn't a magic pill, it takes time and effort just like everything else.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    So you're on the keto diet but can't get into ketosis? Confused.
  • nicci288693
    I'm not trying to get into ketosis. You slip in and out of ketosis all the time on a ketogenic diet. As I said before, I was just curious about the fast mimicking diet and wondered if anyone else has heard of it.