Oh boy. I sure got lazy.

Options
I had been contemplating taking a break back in June. I have lost 17 lbs since march. I read a few posts about taking a weight loss break. I hadn't decided to do it, but it just happened. Summer happened. Good food and company happened. A new location at work with an amazing baker happened. Even though all that happened, my diet was in the back of my mind. Although I wasn't logging, I was mindful most of the time as to what I was ingesting. I still weighed myself, and somehow I Came through summer at virtually the same weight. I bounced up and down 2 pounds for 3 months.
So now I am ready to get back at it and lose the last 20 lbs. I hope I can do it with the same diligence as before, because it sure doesn't feel like just picking up where I left off.

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Way to make it through the summer! I'm a winter eater myself, so have thought about doing a maintenance break once the snow falls. We will see.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    2 Pounds isn't so bad over 3 months. Some times its nice to take a break, weight loss is a journey not a race don't have to run it all at once. I some times take a coupe days eating my maintenance calories. Took me 3.5 months to loose 15 pounds I still have another 23 to go. The last bit will take a little longer because once i get to 163 I plan on switching from -1lb a week to -0.5lb a week, the slow weight loss now will help me be fine with it being slow later I hope.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am in exactly the same boat. Took a break from counting calories and loosened up on my diet a bit for most of the summer, but still worked out like usual. Gained 5#, and have lost most of that. I'm working on losing the last 20#.

I'm okay with it. I needed the break. It was only 5#, but I felt gross and heavy. In the past, I would have gained 30+# and not even realized it until my clothes didn't fit or my scale *kitten* slapped me. It's a process, not a marathon.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hate the *kitten* thing on here for even the most mundane "curse" words. So stupid!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    i think you did a great damn job! lol.. trying to see if i can get it to say kitten. lol