Gaining muscle mass at 52 yrs old

Options
2»

Replies

• gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Love pull overs, but they kill my shoulders!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    arenavles wrote: »
    At our age it all starts to get slower, i am 48 been working out since i was in my teens and i still remember when muscle would grow week by week. Now i have to come up with different strategies to make or trick the muscle to grow. It is still possible just not as fast as when we were younger. By the looks of it you are doing well and you are eating well. Try changing up your routine more often so your body doesnt get used to it. Take a look at zilla at his age like us he is back to 255 i mean wow dude i wish i could gain that much

In the “Best 3 Lifts” thread you said you benched 465, which is more than Zilla. You also claimed to weigh 240. In a separate later thread you then claimed to have been gaining mass like crazy. Which puts you over 240 no doubt. Strange contradictions.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs around 5 years ago and was probably well over 40% body fat. I'm 53 now. I went down to 170 (and a bit under) for around six months until my wife told me I was too skinny. I was probably 15% body fat at my lowest. Over the last four years, I've gone up from 170 to my current weight, 188 or so. I'm still around 17% body fat now. I've lifted heavier, I stopped running and started indoor rowing instead and I do a lot of heavy kettlebells. To make it even harder to gain mass, I'm mostly Vegan. Still yet, I'm pretty solid (with a light six pack). You can gain muscle. You just have to work harder at it.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Got 420 on flat bench this morning. Now a month of hypertrophy and super hi reps,lol. Weighed 257 this morn.
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No contradiction my friend i dont weigh myself everyday anymore but yes was around the 240 mark. I did tone up and increase my muscle mass so next weigh will be this sunday before i start my new program. What i said regarding the lifts are notmultiple reps but max two, just for clarification. I am fit but not a monster i wish i was but hey. Im happy where i am probsbly not gonna be able to get much bigger as i am srarting to feel the age creeping on me. Buthey never give up right, to zilla im impressed man with what you lift with your injuries, hats off to you!!
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten* you made me think so much that i weighed myself and man i gained a lot. Well i am now268.5 and i cant believe it.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I will have a 500 lb bench again and a 405 incline. I'm gonna focus more on breaking down the bench and working more upper back also the inner triceps. Will see what 2018 brings.