Looking for friends/motivation

I've been on and off my fitness pal for a while just like I'm always on/off a diet. I'm a loaner in real life and don't have any true friends. (I have just those people that talk to you when they want something or nobody else is around). Anyway I'm looking for people to help motivate me and keep me going.

Little about me:
2 kids
Full time working mom
Current weight: 278 (I've gained back... highest ever was 280)
Goal weight: 175

Replies

• Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Please friend me. I am in a similiar situation. Let's do this together. You are a winner!
  • AshlynOsbun
    AshlynOsbun Posts: 1 Member
    Hi want2behappy31! I'm looking for friends too to be accountable!

Age 31
    2 kids (5 & 3)
    Part time: mom, homeschool and work
    Current weight 213
    Goal weight 145
    Hypothyroid struggles

I've struggled with my weight since having kids and discovered my thyroid issues. I'm working through getting my thyroid healthy to gain more energy. It's going well, I'm not taking naps and can get through the days more easily. I have terrible eating habits and I need some motivation for getting on here daily. My husband and I have a hiking trip planned for early November so I'm trying to get in better shape so I'm not huffing and puffing trying to keep up. But let's be honest - that will probably still happen! Haha! Would love to hear more about you and your plans on how to achieve your goals!
  • KeepOnMovjng
    KeepOnMovjng Posts: 44 Member
    Hi I just added you.
    Hopefully can support each other but on bright side least with lack of people they can't help detail you. Here people are quite supportive.

Age 25
    Part time worker
    Current Weight 213lb
    Started in July at 17 stone (238lb - my heaviest)
  • Mariiag1
    Mariiag1 Posts: 7 Member
    Helloo Im in the same boat here i have been struggling with 15lbs I want to lose I know it doesnt sound like much but i have lost 50 before and gained 15 by binge eating and I have stopped the binge eating but now i am stuck with 15lbs I need lots of motivation.. I am practically alone in this journey also
  • shannypants621
    shannypants621 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I just added you- I could use all the support and motivation I can get! A bit about me:

Social worker for special needs adoption agency
    No children, trying to conceive for nearly 10 years- I have PCOS
    Highest weight: 280, current weight: 249, goal weight: 180

Please feel free to add me! Have a great day!
  • originalvonster
    originalvonster Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all, I'm also looking for motivation and support. A bit about me:

Mum to 1 year old twins
    Current weight: 151
    Goal weight: 130

• catsok1984
    catsok1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi - I'm also looking for tons of support and motivation!
    Age - 33
    Current weight - 268.2
    Goal weight - somewhere in the 160s or 170s.

I'd love to connect with you and anyone else interested in supporting each other. I've tried the weightloss thing so many times and am tired of failing. This time is going to be the time a finally make it a lifestyle change so that it works!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Hello, Im also A loaner in real life, haha Ive been on and off here for years, hit my goal, got pregnant and gained it all back. Ive been busy training for a marathon (im not a fitness fanatic, or guru or anything, in fact I hate running, And I started the training not even able to run a mile. I had a friend ask me to do it with her, so in my training I had a different friend ask me to do a different one with her so I did do 2 marathons but they were very very slow) now that those are over I plan on focusing more on what I eat, which Im really struggling with. some other stuff about me

Age-29 (almost 30)
    kids-4, 3 boys and 1 girl
    work- Work a full time job and a part time job (only 2 more weeks at the part time one)
    starting weight-172
    current weight-between 158 and 162 (been bouncing around alot with)
    goal weight-140

feel free to add me, Im trying to be more active on here
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Heads up, I'm adding you all! :) I have struggles myself. I've been back on the wagon for 4 days. Hopefully for the last time! We got this!
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Hello, Im also A loaner in real life, haha Ive been on and off here for years, hit my goal, got pregnant and gained it all back. Ive been busy training for a marathon (im not a fitness fanatic, or guru or anything, in fact I hate running, And I started the training not even able to run a mile. I had a friend ask me to do it with her, so in my training I had a different friend ask me to do a different one with her so I did do 2 marathons but they were very very slow) now that those are over I plan on focusing more on what I eat, which Im really struggling with. some other stuff about me

Age-29 (almost 30)
    kids-4, 3 boys and 1 girl
    work- Work a full time job and a part time job (only 2 more weeks at the part time one)
    starting weight-172
    current weight-between 158 and 162 (been bouncing around alot with)
    goal weight-140

feel free to add me, Im trying to be more active on here

You sound like me only now I have lost my motivation to get back to the gym with playing chauffeur to my kids.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    I am 3 weeks in and happy to give/receive encouragement.
    Age -39
    Kids- 3
    Work: part time
    Start weight: 198 ( 195 by the time I began MFP)
    Current weight: 191
    Goal: 140 by April ( my 40th bday). If I have to turn 40 I want to feel good about myself. 40 + fat = no fun.

I have acquaintances at work and church and kid activities but no close friends.
  • GoodrichFalbe
    GoodrichFalbe Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2017
    Me too Add me everyone :)

Kids: 0
    Work: Full-Time
    Start weight: 190lbs
    Current Weight: 190lbs (joined 9/20)
    Goal weight: 140lbs

• Vraie2017
    Vraie2017 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi can you guys add me also. I need to find a group. And I am hoping you guys are it.
    AGE 54
    Kids 2 adults
    Work casual.
    Starting weight 225
    Now 190. Was down to 180 but gained 10 back.
    Goal weight 150 which for my height 5 ft. Is still too much but 150seems reasonable for now.
  • Vraie2017
    Vraie2017 Posts: 11 Member
    If if one person added me as a weight loss buddy that would help.
  • jmanela
    jmanela Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I would be very interested in connecting with a group of people. I have been yo-yo-ing my entire life. Was put on my first diet as a young kid and, as a result, have a love/hate relationship with food. I'm 40. 3 kids aged 10, 5, and 3. Work full time. Was 203 at my highest weight about 15 years ago. 143 was my lowest about 5 years ago. Had been hovering comfortably around 150 for a number of years but have gained 5-7 pounds in the last few months and am headed in the wrong direction. My old stress habits have returned. I start each day on the right foot but fall into old habits at some point in the day - sneaking food as if doing it with no one seeing isn't going to make it count! Ha ha. Anyway, would love some folks to work with and be able to reach out to in those moments of weakness to help turn those habits back in the right track! Please let me know if you would like to connect
  • mstroik
    mstroik Posts: 4 Member
    Hello there I’m also looking for support . I think that you and me can help each other . Let me know . Thanks
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Goal179 wrote: »
    Please friend me. I am in a similiar situation. Let's do this together. You are a winner!

Thank you! How is it going for you today? I need to go for a walk to get my daily steps in.
  • want2behappy31
    Hi want2behappy31! I'm looking for friends too to be accountable!

Age 31
    2 kids (5 & 3)
    Part time: mom, homeschool and work
    Current weight 213
    Goal weight 145
    Hypothyroid struggles

I've struggled with my weight since having kids and discovered my thyroid issues. I'm working through getting my thyroid healthy to gain more energy. It's going well, I'm not taking naps and can get through the days more easily. I have terrible eating habits and I need some motivation for getting on here daily. My husband and I have a hiking trip planned for early November so I'm trying to get in better shape so I'm not huffing and puffing trying to keep up. But let's be honest - that will probably still happen! Haha! Would love to hear more about you and your plans on how to achieve your goals!

I've had a few people to tell me to have my thyroid checked. I actually have doctors appointment scheduled for next month and I'm going to talk to them about it. (Had to change doctors due to insurance) That is awesome that you have a hiking trip planned. It will give you some motivation. My hubby is in a wedding in Nov. where he is the best man. Although that isn't really motivation for me, I still want to look good by his side.
  • want2behappy31
    Hi I just added you.
    Hopefully can support each other but on bright side least with lack of people they can't help detail you. Here people are quite supportive.

Age 25
    Part time worker
    Current Weight 213lb
    Started in July at 17 stone (238lb - my heaviest)

Thank you, sometimes it is good and bad being a loaner. How are things going for you today?
  • want2behappy31
    Mariiag1 wrote: »
    Helloo Im in the same boat here i have been struggling with 15lbs I want to lose I know it doesnt sound like much but i have lost 50 before and gained 15 by binge eating and I have stopped the binge eating but now i am stuck with 15lbs I need lots of motivation.. I am practically alone in this journey also

You got this! 50 pound loss is AMAZING!! Congrats. I've heard those last few pounds to lose are horrible.