Paradoxes

fjmartini
fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
Anyone have any that they've been contemplating? Humans are the only known species to know they're going to die but not know when, yet still waste time and put things off they'd like to do for "another day" as if they did know the date of their death.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    we all have imaginary futures. *shrug

..... mine involves Jessica Alba and a highjacked semi truck filled with Doritos.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I'm a paradox, I think a lot of people are, it hurts my brain to try to understand why I do what I do and am who I am. I'm definitely a contradiction
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Mind blown
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I'm contemplating pizza today.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

for the same reason that Iceland is green and Greenland is ice.
  • "I am pretty ugly"! :o
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    "I am pretty ugly"! :o

isnt that an oxymoron and less of a paradox?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    fjmartini wrote: »
    Anyone have any that they've been contemplating? Humans are the only known species to know they're going to die but not know when, yet still waste time and put things off they'd like to do for "another day" as if they did know the date of their death.

because when youre dead those put off things doesnt matter anymore

even before your dead, it probably doesnt matter most of the time
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    fjmartini wrote: »

It's very simple.....you only have regrets while alive, thus if you didn't accomplish or do all you wanted, when you are dead it would not matter. You cease to exist and so do regrets and remorse....so what you do or don't do only exist while you are alive this doesn't reallyh matter. The dead don't have egos, bank accounts, or scorecards.......

I’m not talking about regrets. I mean in the literal sense of wanting to do something but not doing it because you act is if you have knowledge of when you’ll die.