At home workouts to tone up and build muscle

RayanaL
RayanaL Posts: 38 Member
Any suggestions on what I can do at home to build muscle without equipment ? ....can add it on to my routine . I do some arm work outs with 8lbs weights....push ups ....planks ....
what should i do nutrition wise ?
And what workouts can I do to sculpt my legs and booty? ....I already do squats....go out for jogs ....and a few other things .

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

This link has some good body resistance routines. If you want to build your butt, Bret Contreras has some good stuff.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

This link has some good body resistance routines. If you want to build your butt, Bret Contreras has some good stuff.

Yup this. I would specifically recommend the Strong Curves bodyweight/at home program for you.

Nutrition wise, eat at maintenance at least or 125-250cals above (to gain), get adequate protein...at least 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight/lean body mass and fat at least 0.4g per lb bodyweight, rest carbs
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Check out Nerd Fitness on YouTube. They have some good videos.
  • FrankZane6
    FrankZane6 Posts: 8 Member
    I guess what I can think of now for home workouts without equipment, would be to try and grab to chairs (facing the opposite way from each other) and do dips, do inclined push ups with the same chairs, put your feet on something that is on a higher level than the two chairs and do declined push ups, grab another one where you can put your feet and do normal push ups so that you can go deeper (to the same level as the chairs). Also secure a bar on top of the two chairs and do inclined pulls (if you don't have a bar to do pull ups), wall triceps pushes... Lol for the lower body I think you'll need weights
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Nerd Fitness is a great thing. I have that book. Strong Curves is an amazing program. Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis know their glutes from their elbows! HA! I made a funny.

And, here I go again.....ask @sardelsa what she did. Look at her pics.....all those gains done at home. Sorry, Miss Sardelsa, but I am always going to promote your amazing work when folks ask about working out at home. :smile:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Nerd Fitness is a great thing. I have that book. Strong Curves is an amazing program. Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis know their glutes from their elbows! HA! I made a funny.

And, here I go again.....ask @sardelsa what she did. Look at her pics.....all those gains done at home. Sorry, Miss Sardelsa, but I am always going to promote your amazing work when folks ask about working out at home. :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am flirting big-time here! LOL!