Keto lifestyle

I'm new on to the Keto lifestyle and been doing it for a week. I'm hoping to make this a permanent change. First week has been a killer, headaches, fatigue and the dreaded keto flu

Replies

• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Headaches and keto flu is generally because you haven't got it quite right, firstly try adding in electrolytes
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    I just stocked up on Powerade zero...hoping this helps! Thanks
  • raeanna30
    raeanna30 Posts: 1 Member
    drink lots of water and add some salt into your diet
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    pickle juice, chicken broth. It disappears soon enough
  • Libmatos
    Libmatos Posts: 28 Member
    Powerade doesn't help much vecause they are too low in salt ratios so you'd need like a gallon of it. Also, many of those drinks have sugars. Salt your foods, take epson salt baths (it's absorbed by the skin to your body's max levels), look at guru's videos on YouTube, Tom DeLauer and Dr. Eric Berg. Both are experts in ketogenesis. There are several others too who are educating in the oroper way to Keto. All the best!
  • rae1721
    Libmatos wrote: »
    Powerade doesn't help much vecause they are too low in salt ratios so you'd need like a gallon of it. Also, many of those drinks have sugars. Salt your foods, take epson salt baths (it's absorbed by the skin to your body's max levels), look at guru's videos on YouTube, Tom DeLauer and Dr. Eric Berg. Both are experts in ketogenesis. There are several others too who are educating in the oroper way to Keto. All the best!
    Thank you great advice! Never thought of the epsom salt bath!!

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carb daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • rae1721
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carb daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    Thank you, I will!
  • Luvmybratdog
    Luvmybratdog Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. Im new to the Keto lifestyle, too. I've been doing keto for 7 days and my keto sticks are saying I have only a trace amount. I'm having a hard time keeping my carbs (even w eating lots of veggies) at the 20 net carbs. Any advice is great.