Do you ever get told that you too compulsive

Options

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You do whatever it takes to maintain a healthy weight! I am not to maintenance yet however I know I will have to continue logging or else I will let myself go
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My husband gives me a hard time often about weighing my food. I don't think he worries so much about me doing but how it looks to my kids. Now that I have maintained for years, I do it more to make sure I am getting enough to fuel my workouts. I still get hassled for exercising/eating right but why do you think I look the way I look...because I work at it!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The only person who knows I count calories is my husband. I lost 70ish pounds and have kept them off for a couple of years. I do not actually count the calories "out loud" any more. I learned how to keep an eye on CICO over time. Nothing like a good run to keep everything in line :smile: Oh, yeah, I am compulsive...so what
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No I don't get told that. I do get told that I'm very committed and consistent.
    150 lost, 1+ year of successful maintenance.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The only time I was told that what I was doing was obsessive/compulsive is when it truly was. After I had my daughter, I ate 1200 cals a day and went to they gym to run on the treadmill every day I could. I lost weight for sure, but also a lot of my energy, hair, color in my skin, and happiness. I'm glad that experience I made myself go through didn't make me turn away from counting calories because when done properly, it can truly benefit your life in so many ways!

BTW, those comments came from my husband. Now that I'm more safe about it, he understands that this tool helps me reach my healthy goals.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Better than impulsive!

Good answer!
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    Every SINGLE DAY, everyone says "you're too skinny"...I hate that word...can't you say FIT.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Every SINGLE DAY, everyone says "you're too skinny"...I hate that word...can't you say FIT.

I am still searching for the best response to this. I am considering saying that I don't comment on their spare tire so they shouldn't comment on my physique either.

would "and you're kind of fat" be too mean?

1 of the guys I was staying with on the last tango weekend teased me a bit on the calorie counting... I may have given him a look and poked at his (slightly 'fluffy') tummy in response.