start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    October 6-111.2
    October 13-
    October 20-
    October 27-

Struggles: had to reign it in this week after a trip east. Was good on planning and calories but due to another small medical procedure, I couldn't run for 48 hours. My training schedule was messed up.
    Successes: I ran 10 miles Monday, the most I've ever done. It wasn't pretty, but I did it.
    Upcoming week plan: I will follow the training schedule as best as I can. I have to focus on fueling for the runs as the mileage gets longer. I have to fly east next week for a funeral but I think I can keep at least the running on point. I have to re-prioritize my gym time to make the most out of it.
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone!!!

I am ready to gear up for October. I did not meet my September goal of 150. So I am making that my goal for October. I have really struggled the last few weeks of this journey and plan to take some time this weekend to review my meals and exercise. I do not exercise consistently, only when I have a chance. But I am realizing that I have got to make it a priority if I want to have the body that I really want. I am looking to make a real lifestyle change, not just drop a few pounds and gain the weight again later. I am looking forward to the "maintenance" phase.

I am also still looking to connect with others on MFP. So add me as a friend. <3

Height: 5'8.5'
    HW: 169.5lbs July 24
    Current weight: 153lb
    Goal range: 145lb - 148lb
    October goal: 150lbs

Sep 30: 152.5
    Oct 6: 150.00 - This is my overall goal!!!
    Oct 14:
    Oct 21:
    Oct 28:

Today is a good day! I reached my goal weight. But the way my body behaves I may fluctuate a little before it settles. But I am still excited.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs

October 1 – 169.4 lbs
    October 3 – 170.2 lbs
    October 6 – 169.0 lbs
    October 10 –
    October 13 –
    October 17 –
    October 20 –
    October 24 –
    October 27 –
    October 31 –

October Goal – 165 166.4

Hey everyone! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!

So I’ve been sick all week which means I haven’t been moving at all. I think I’ve averaged 3000 steps a day over the week. I also went a little bit of a “I’m sick and all alone and feeling sorry for myself” kind of binge on Wednesday, but then has such a horrible stomach bug yesterday that I couldn’t even smell food without thinking of throwing up. Today I’m still feeling woozy, but more like myself. I manage to eat a normal lunch today and my stomach seems much more settled now.

Tomorrow, my sister-in-laws, my mother-in-law, my mom and I are having a girls-only Thanksgiving dinner that will involve ordering a ton of Chinese Food and drinking wine and watching girly movies all night. The men are all on a birthday trip for my father-in-law so all us girls decided we weren’t interested in cooking. Then Sunday, the bar I work at is hosting a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for all the staff. So that’s 2 nights of big eating.

With all this going on, my main goal for the next couple days is not to gain. Once the long weekend is over, I’ll be well again and will be able to get back to my routine and eat more to plan again.

@riannaonamission – Great work on your losses this month! You’re on a roll!

@RMC1995 – all loss is progress. It can be hard to accept you’re not moving as quickly as you like, but at least you’re working on your goal in whatever way you can. You’ll get there in the end.

@glassofroses – glad to hear you’re looking at slowing down on training a bit. If you give your body space and time to rest and heal, you might see the results you want in the end. And thanks for the pep talk! It helped!

@curlygirlusn – Any progress is better than no progress or going backward. You’re still 0.5 lbs closer to goal than you were. As I said to RMC1995, it’s hard when you’re not moving as quickly as you like, but at least you’re still moving!

@sardelsa – Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canuk! I only have 2 days of hardcore meals but I’m not looking to gain, so we’ll see how everything goes! Enjoy your feasts!

@bringbackthejoy – Great run!! And you’re always on the go it seems! I’m amazed you can get all the running in with the amount of flying you do! Well done and keep it up!

@FreshBrew92 – Congratulations!! You’re flying through! Keep this up and you’ll be in your goal range before you know it!

And welcome to @Go_Deskercise, @tiinytorii, and @Nic123fitness. Good luck on meeting your goals this week!

Happy Weekend Everyone!
  • maggiesimmons3515
    maggiesimmons3515 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi Ladies!
    I hope I'm not too late in the game! I just found this group and I'm fairly new to MFP. Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing, but I joined because I miss my pre-baby body and I feel so much better when I'm eating right. I don't really know what kind of goal is reasonable for me. My biggest obstacle is making time to exercise. I have yet to find any type of exercise that I really enjoy. This seems like a great way to keep myself motivated and accountable. I look forward to learning from you guys. Here goes nothing!

P.S.
    (Does HW stand for highest weight?)

Height: 5'5"
    HW: 154 LBs

Ultimate goal: 125
    CW: 141.8
    October goal: 130

OCT 2: 144.8 LBS
    OCT 6: 141.8

• andimickey
    andimickey Posts: 25 Member
    Hello! Yay for October.
    I'm 47. 5'10"
    SW: 185
    CW: 183
    GW: 167

October goals: started a more physical job vs. sedentary desk job, hoping that kicks me in right direction.
    Move body every day (golf, yoga, spin, hike, throwing frisbee with kids - whatever - just move)
    Track on MFP
    Enjoy my healthy body while shrinking it a bit .... I'm feeling sluggish.

• WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Belated Happy October, everyone!

Here goes:

Height: 5 ft 8 inches.
    HW: 186
    Starting Weight: 147
    Current Weight: 145
    October goal weight: 145.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Height: 5'3"
    Age 29

HW: 128lbs
    SW (Last September weigh-in): 116 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 110lbs
    September goal: 112lbs

Sept 24: 116.0
    Oct 1: 114.0
    Oct 8: 115.4
    Oct 15:
    Oct 22:
    Oct 29:

Well this is not the results i wanted to see today but stress happened thanks to work and school, and I've been eating a lot of things i shouldn't the last few days. My husband and i went out for our anniversary on Thursday and i gave myself a pass on worrying about calories, but one day turned into three and it shows. Still, there's quite a bit of October left so if i get a handle on things now I'll still be able to meet my goals for the month i hope.

Welcome to new members, and hello to all former members who sat out September and whom i haven't had the chance to become acquainted with yet. I'll have time to go through posts probably tomorrow and give more personal support and feedback since i haven't been on the thread for a few days. ❤❤
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2017
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs

Oct 6th: 165.6 lbs
    Oct 13th:
    Oct 16th:
    Oct 20th:
    Oct 23rd:
    Oct 27th:
    Oct 30th:

October Goal 162 (the 150s would be fantastic but im trying to be realistic with myself <3 )

I'm a little late to the party, but i am here! Happy to be joining you all in the October thread. I have officially made it through my move and the first couple weeks of graduate school. This past weekend was also my birthday :) Although I would of liked to be a little bit lower in weight going into this month, I am still proud of myself for continuing to check in throughout all of the chaos. Now I can finally establish a new routine for myself. It's really important to me that I keep stepping on the scale and checking in with you all because I don't want to lose the progress I worked so hard all summer to make! Lots of people over the weekend commented on my noticeable weight loss and that felt really good. A lot of people said they noticed it in my face. It was nice taking tons of pictures and not feeling insecure.

@rianneonamission you are CRUSHING it woman! way to go on your loss! You are going to be out of the 160s before you know it. :) I'm so excited for you.

@RMC1995 i had a rather stagnant September as well for similar reasons. I'm hoping to turn that around this month. it's great to see you are still reaching your goals!

@KelseyRL i hope you are on the mend after your cold. i always enjoy reading your posts! :)

Welcome new and returning ladies to the BEST thread ever!

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Height: 5"3
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    October SW: 133.4lbs
    October GW: 131lbs

Oct 8th - 134lbs

I had a good start to the week but then went to a 4 day beer festival so I'm suprised I didn't gain more to be honest.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Only just catching up so will properly respond later (or even tomorrow, have to get some work done first :D ), but just wanted to say Happy Birthday to @2tall4thisworld!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Thank you thank you @rianneonamission ! It's a good time of year to have a birthday ;)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127lbs
    Ultimate GW: 110lbs

SW (end of Sept): 112.4
    October GW: Ideally, 110. But, I would be happy if I got to 111.

Oct 2: 113.2
    Oct 9: 112.0
    Oct 16:
    Oct 23:
    Oct 30:

Finally lost that bloating weight from last week. Didn’t have the healthiest week of eating, but kept within my calorie goal overall. Continuing to do StrongCurves and WOW I could hardly walk this week!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    @brianneangell08 you've got this. I can't wait to start strong curves, I've heard amazing things
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Hi ladies! Keep up the great work. Strong Curves is a fantastic set of programs, I highly recommend it. :)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Yes, I am enjoying Strong Curves so far. I’ve only been at it 2 weeks, so I can’t say I’ve seen any results yet, but I sure do feel it! I’ve just been doing it at my house and I have to adapt some of the exercises due to limited equipment. I am planning on moving it to the gym once I feel more confident about my form and/or need heavier weights than what I have at home.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    @KelseyRL thank you, and i hope you start feeling better soon!
    @2tall4thisworld happy birthday!!!

Height 5'7"
    HW 151lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    October GW: 122lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    August Stat: 131lbs
    September Start: 127lbs

9/30: 125lbs
    10/7: 124 lbs
    10/14:
    10/21:
    10/28:

Slowly losing a little bit of weight again, and absolutely loving that we are getting deeper into Fall! Spent the weekend decorating the house with my fiancé and it was so nice! We've also decided that we are going to be vikings for Halloween this year, I tried on the faux leather corset I am planning to wear as part of my costume and DAMN am I looking good again! Thank you all for your continued support - it has really helped me on my journey to get to this point.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Getting in under the wire. Happy Birthday @2tall4thisworld! I hope it's lovely for you. :heart: :star::heart:
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Uh, I had to work all weekend and was so exhausted I skipped the gym today and slept in until it was just time to get up for work.
    HW 171
    GW 140
    Oct GW 152
    Oct 2 157.5
    Oct 9 157.5
    Oct 16
    Oct 23
    Oct 30
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2017
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs

October 1 – 169.4 lbs
    October 3 – 170.2 lbs
    October 6 – 169.0 lbs
    October 10 – 171.4 lbs
    October 13 –
    October 17 –
    October 20 –
    October 24 –
    October 27 –
    October 31 –

October Goal – 165 166.4

Hey ladies. I had a bit of an increase recently, but with feeling sick and everything I’m not too surprised, not all that happy, but not surprised. I’m back on track this week with eating and trying to get back into being more active, so things should sort themselves out.

I’ve been in a bit of funk lately, not related to weight or weight loss, just in life in general. My husband just got home from a week away, so hopefully having him back will help with getting back to normal. I was looking forward to having a couple quiet evenings with him to just relax and hang-out, but I’ve suddenly picked up a shift tonight and tomorrow night at the bar I work at. Not really looking forward to that but it is what it is. I still feel really drained and tired even though I was lazy and slept a lot all weekend. I’m just getting impatient to start feeling like myself again.

@andicarvalho – Those sedentary jobs are the worst. I gained probably 20 lbs when I changed from an active job to a desk job. I’m trying to get back down to where I was but it’s a lot harder without moving all day. I’m getting there though. Good luck on your first couple weeks in the new position!

@maggiesimmons3515 – Yes, HW stands for highest weight. As for exercising, I try to fit it in because it makes me feel good and I find the shape I get when I exercise as I lose weight is more what I want than if I just lose through diet alone, but to be honest, this time around I’ve barely exercised. You can do all the weight loss strictly through diet if exercise isn’t something that works for you right now. I keep telling myself I’m going to manage to exercise more, but at the moment it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. I still lose though. I think you should focus on your eating and just try to take any opportunity to be active. Don’t stress about working out all the time. Just do what you can and log your food.

@Ree13x – I feel ya girl! I think we’re in kind of the same boat at the moment. Here’s hoping that things come together soon and we get back in the groove.

@2tall4thisworld – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :smiley: I hope you had a fabulous time!! It sounds like you’re working on getting settled into this new chapter of your life. Transitions like that are so exciting but also challenging. Give yourself time and be patient in getting your routine set up. And be sure to enjoy everything along the way! :star:

@jesspen91 – So jealous of your 4 day beer festival! That sounds like it was totally worth it!

@brianneangell08 – I have Strong Curves and have tried to get into it a couple times. It looks really great, I’ve just never been good at working out on my own, I like classes. I do want to give it a go one day, I’ll just have to find a way to make it work for me.

@RMC1995 – Nice loss! And your Viking costume sounds awesome! Halloween is the best. You can be whatever you want and look however you want for a night and no one thinks anything of it! I should get my act together and figure out what I’m being this year. It’s coming up fast!

@curlygirlusn – Take care of yourself. For me, sleep is number 1. I can deal with most things if I’ve had enough sleep. I think you made the right call in sleeping instead of hitting the gym. Your next workout will be that much better with you being rested.

Well ladies, good luck this week! Hopefully I snap out of this funk soon and I hope you all have an awesome week! :heart:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Height: 5'11.5
    HW: 212lbs on MFP/220lbs at doctor's office
    SW October: 142.8lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145-150lbs strong.
    October goal: 143 solid.

4th October: 143lbs.
    11th October: 143lbs (Day 1 ToM)

I generally gain 2lbs in water weight with my period so we can roughly estimate my weight to be 141lbs. I can be happy with that. I'm definitely approaching October with a new attitude. I had a bit of a ridiculous moment yesterday where I had to tuck my sweatshirt into my trousers to get them to stay up, the jumper didn't even pooch the trousers they were so roomy, and I think it just made me realise how emotionally invested I was in getting back to where I was. And how deflating it is to have nothing that fits me in my wardrobe as I've lost another 0.5inch of my hips. So really, there is no point in wishing that I weighed more. I don't. I'm clearly not going to get that weight back without some giant calorific intervention so I need to move on. I weigh what I weigh now. Doesn't mean I can't be strong. It just means I have to buy more clothes.

(This is a drive by post at lunch but I'm coming back for y'all later 'cause I see you all, makin' progress. :kissing_closed_eyes:)