October Accountability & Weigh In

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2017
    Not a great week for me, mostly because of the weekend. Mind you, I consider a 0.4lb increase stable given the sheer amount of cake and icing etc I was elbow deep in. And because I am serving said cakes to people, I can’t not taste as I go along, and logging that is impossible.

Got to the party on Sunday having finished the cakes just in time for me to wash my hair and put on some mascara, and started on the wine on an empty stomach, followed by the high sodium buffet food. The water weight finally started dropping off so I imagine things will get better now. Especially so now that I have a <drumroll> Fitbit! So ridiculously excited! Body fat still good, and I still think I am on track to hit my weight goal this month. I had better, given that I have got to get myself all dolled up in some form of evening dress... Looking forward to some good old gym sessions between now and then.

That’s the beauty of MFP: I know I'll be back to normal now and therefore I don't feel remotely guilty for taking a few days off.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW October: 166lbs (last September weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    October goal: 162lbs
    Body fat goal for October: 25.8%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    6th Sep: 168.4lbs - Body fat 27%
    13th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    20th Sep: 166.6lbs – Body fat 26.8%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct: 164.2lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    18th Oct:
    25th Oct:

@Go_Deskercise: Doing well so far! I also do daily weigh ins but count Wednesday as my official weight. Again, I like to see trends and it’s actually helped me see the difference between weight gain and water weight, and the effect of hydration on the readings.

@KelseyRL: Glad to hear you are getting better, and the revised goal will probably help you to get back in the game. Which you will. That’s the beauty of MFP: It somehow helps you shrug off little setbacks knowing that you’ll pick the routine back up again. Don’t worry about the gain, you are better off giving your body the energy it needs to fight off this virus and you’ll soon be back on track.

@Nic123fitness: Do you actually have fat to lose? You BMI seems on the lower end of healthy. If you just want to build muscle then you are likely going to put on weight. But even with that a weigh in will help, so you are in the right place! We’ve got a few maintainers and bulkers here now!

@sardelsa: It’ll probably take your body a little time to adjust to the bulking. Doing well though, profile picture looks fab!

@bringbackthejoy: Well done on your 10 mile run! Sometimes training schedules get messed up and we just have to accept that. Well done on keeping focused!

@FreshBrew92: Woo! Goal weight! Well done!

@maggiesimmons3515: It’s never too late to join! Aggressive goal for October, but good luck! I always recommend slowing it down simply because you wouldn’t have gained 14lbs in a month, so why the rush to lose? At your weight even 2lbs a week would be aggressive!

@andicarvalho: You are pretty much where I was when I started (SW of 183lbs). I’m sure the physical job will start making a difference soon, and the sluggishness should disappear as long as you fuel your body adequately. Sometimes I wish I had a more active job, sitting at a desk doesn’t do much for energy levels.

@WallyAmadeus: You have hit your Oct goal already? You go girl!

@Ree13x: Meh, water weight. Three weeks to hit 3lbs should be fine!

@2tall4thisworld: Hello TWINNY! Officially now! Hope you had a fab birthday weekend – any weight gain is totally and utterly acceptable if it’s because of birthday meals/cake etc. Good time of year indeed!

@jesspen91: Going to a beer fest and not gaining much is a pretty fab achievement in my books! :D

@brianneangell08: On the road to 110! Never heard of Strong Curves, but I have just Googled and it sounds & looks good! Do you just follow exercise routines from a book, or do you work from videos or in a class?

@RMC1995: I’m just picturing Ragnar & Lagertha costumes. That would be AMAZING! My Halloween will be limited to some themed earrings to wear in the office, and get some sweets in for the kids trick or treating in the neighbourhood.

@glassofroses: I think the new October attitude will do you the world of good. Bulking will take time, your body needs to adjust (especially given your recovery and general life stresses), but the attitude I expect will really make the difference there. And hey, if I were you I’d take the ToM weight as a real one. You never know, it might still be 143lbs next week!

If I’ve forgotten anyone I am sorry. It took me a while to work my way through all the updates!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
    MINI VACATION BREAK WITH HUBBY AND FRIENDS
    OCT 11: 128.4 :s
  • rianneonamission
    It's not unlikely a fair amount of that is water weight @Go_Deskercise as a lot of prepped food (restaurants, take away, ready meals etc) are high in sodium.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    @rianneonamission Admittedly I’m cheap, so I have not bought the SC book, although I have heard it’s worth it. I am just working off the Body Space app - lots of users have created the SC workouts in there. The one i go off of is by the user JMWONG21 and it seems pretty close to what’s in the book, from what I gather. You can also find a pdf of the exercises online.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Forgot to post last week, lost 0.2lb so that’s probably why I didn’t post!! Tomorrow is weigh in, but it’s TOTM and I’m out for a meal tonight, so going to give it a miss!! You girls are all doing great :)
  • rianneonamission
    0.2lbs is a loss! Don't knock it now, and enjoy your meal out :smile:
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    @rianneonamission Yes we are doing our best to go for a Ragnar and Lagertha look! I am a redhead you know, so I'm not going to bother with the blondness but I am going to try and match her hairstyle as much as possible, and wear the same clothes! Im soooo excited
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
    MINI VACATION BREAK WITH HUBBY AND FRIENDS
    OCT 11: 128.4 :s (Random weight in later in the day was 127.6!!!)
    OCT 12: 127.2 (yay getting better!)
  • haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Joining now
    Height: 5’1”
    HW (2013): 142 lb
    Starting weight in July: 110 lb
    CW Oct 11: 106lb
    UGW: 103 lbs by Dec

Main goal is to lose 2 inches on the thighs (21 right now)
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2017
    I weighed myself today (155) Whoo hooo! I may actually make my GW for October!
    HW 171
    GW 140-ish (maybe less, we'll see)
    Oct GW 152
    Oct 2 157.5
    Oct 9 157.5
    Oct 12 155
    Oct 16
    Oct 23
    Oct 30
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Height: 162.5 cm

Hw: 152 lbs August 10th
    Cw: 145 lb
    Ugw: 110 lbs
    October goal: 140- 142 lbs

Oct 5: 145 lbs
    Oct 12: 146 lbs
    Oct 19:
    Oct 26:

Definitely had a terrible week last week, but what i learnt is that its all about having self control. This past long weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada, and oml there was just so much food that i couldn't help myself to just one plate lool.
    So I revamped my entire workout routine and started a new one.

To all of you out there, we can do this <3

//Also i just cant seem to be able to reply to your kind words on my phone but i definitely do appreciate all the advice you guys provide
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    I just bought Strong Curves. I'll read over the weekend and get started next week! I've already been hitting the weights, so this should be fun!
  • rianneonamission
    @tiinytorii, you look so slim in your profile picture. Slim but muscular, which is why I think you might be struggling to lose weight. Remember that muscle is denser than fat, meaning that it will increase your BMI, even though you are fitter and healthier than a skinny fat person. And it would be a waste to ruin a good figure and body comp for the sake of hitting a weight number. I'm obviously basing my comments on your profile picture only so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Welcome @haniame. How do you plan to reduce your thighs, given that you cannot spot reduce fat? Are you recomping?

Excellent losses @curlygirlusn and @Go_Deskercise!

@RMC1995, I'd love to see a picture of the outfit and hairstyle!
  • melissa16432
    melissa16432 Posts: 2 Member
    Joining now
    Height: 5’6”
    HW (Currently): 176 lb
    CW Oct 13: 176lb
    UGW: 140

My goal for the rest of October is to lose 6 lbs. Or would it be safe to aim for more than that?
  • haniame
    @tiinytorii, you look so slim in your profile picture. Slim but muscular, which is why I think you might be struggling to lose weight. Remember that muscle is denser than fat, meaning that it will increase your BMI, even though you are fitter and healthier than a skinny fat person. And it would be a waste to ruin a good figure and body comp for the sake of hitting a weight number. I'm obviously basing my comments on your profile picture only so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Welcome @haniame. How do you plan to reduce your thighs, given that you cannot spot reduce fat? Are you recomping?

Just by walking. I have done that before (obviously that’s going to target my legs) used to have 18 inches on legs when i was at my lowest weight (90 lbs) and did so by walking
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2017
    haniame wrote: »

Just by walking. I have done that before (obviously that’s going to target my legs) used to have 18 inches on legs when i was at my lowest weight (90 lbs) and did so by walking

While you can target the muscle on your legs to help retain the muscle and look more toned as you lose, working the muscle itself won't cause fat loss from that area more quickly. Unfortunately. If that was the case I wouldn't have cellulite or banana rolls due to how much hamstring and glute work I do!

If you lost weight there, it was because of genetics.. it is just how your body loses weight. I lose on my waist first, I don't do any ab work.. that is just where it comes off.
  • sardelsa
    Height: 5'7"
    CW: 129lbs
    GW: 135-136lbs

Sept 29: 129.2
    Oct 6: 128.4
    Oct 13: 129.4
    Oct 20:
    Oct 27:

So far so good. Really increased the cals this week, especially carbs. Nom nom.
  • haniame
    sardelsa wrote: »

While you can target the muscle on your legs to help retain the muscle and look more toned as you lose, working the muscle itself won't cause fat loss from that area more quickly. Unfortunately. If that was the case I wouldn't have cellulite or banana rolls due to how much hamstring and glute work I do!

If you lost weight there, it was because of genetics.. it is just how your body loses weight. I lose on my waist first, I don't do any ab work.. that is just where it comes off.

Yes you’re right. But walking has worked for me quite a few times, it takes patience and persistence but i have seen results, and i also know if won’t happen by the end of October lol :(
  • sardelsa

Yes you’re right. But walking has worked for me quite a few times, it takes patience and persistence but i have seen results, and i also know if won’t happen by the end of October lol :(

Definitely do what works for you. Also don't put so much pressure on yourself to reach your goal by October.. do what you can do. Focus on progress not perfection
  • haniame

Definitely do what works for you. Also don't put so much pressure on yourself to reach your goal by October.. do what you can do. Focus on progress not perfection

Exactly! As long as I get the results by December!!!