I ate an additional 1500 calories yesterday

halimaiqbal00
halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
My aim is to raise my metabolism through a reverse diet but I went crazy with pizza last night. This barely happens so I’m not too worried.

Shall I throw in some extra cardio this week to help balance out the numbers? Or draw a line underneath it and continue what I was doing before? 2000 calories a day and 4 weights sessions a week?

I would’ve just added 2 extra intense cardio sessions to the mix

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If I remember from previous posts you tend to under eat so I would just leave It?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    This one day is not going to do anything. Keep moving along with your plan, and certainly do not try to slave yourself by needing to work this off.

Imho this kinda unhealthy thinking.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Draw a line and move on. Compensating for over eating with cardio is a move towards unhealthy habits.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    One day is a drop in the bucket. I would move on.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I'm a little afraid to ask, but what exactly is reverse dieting? If it is what the name implies, shouldn't you be glad that you went over target?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    If I might chime in......

I tend to look at things from a weekly perspective. I don't eat 2,000 Calories a day....I eat 14,000 Calories a week. That is my mind set, anyway. So, if I go over one day then I have 'the rest of the week' to do something about that....whatever that might mean. And, as several have suggested, "move on" is an option.

Now - I have been playing the last two weeks with different foods and looking into the keto diet so if you see some of my posts and mention "but, dude, you have been talking about having 4,500 Calories the other day...blah blah blah"....yes, you are correct. But these last two weeks have had a very specific purpose. Anyway, I digress.

Mind set is super important.

As others have already stated, the thought process of "I will eat this chocolate cake (or, in your case, Pizza) and then do an extra hour of cardio every day" or whatever is potentially a red flag. Not saying that it is in your case, but it - generally speaking - indicates strong potential for issues. Please understand that I am making a very general comment and not judging......
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    1500 cals isn't anything to fret about...

I don't particularly think cardio for weight control is a great idea, especially when trying to bulk.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Oh gosh, I have just seen these replies now. You guys are the best! Seriously, it was like a light bulb moment of ‘duh’ course I haven’t gained a crap tonne of weight by overeating for one meal!

I have had such a negative experience with food in the past and have come a long way with my disordered mind frame and food but the old thoughts still creep back and I panic from time to time.

I didn’t end up doing silly amounts of cardio as a result but I’ll be having a heavy leg session tomorrow. May as well put all that extra energy to good use!

Thanks again all. Truly ❤️