Mentally stuck

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation or can offer some sound advice.
2 years ago I was 38, ate poorly, and smoked quite heavy. Let myself go big time, I’m 5ft 8 and then weighed 16st, resulted in high bp, borderline type 2 and fatty liver. So got put on meds.
Fast forward 2 years until today, I ate clean, quit smoking and exercised 1hour-1h30 per day 5 days a week, all home exercises, hiit, skipping, dumbells barbells kettle bell workouts etc.
At 10st 10 I had my bloods checked, some scans and bp re-evaluated etc, now I have reversed the fatty liver, off bp meds and all blood work spot on.
Today I weigh 10st 6 around 14% body fat and feel great health wise, but I’m not to happy on my look broad wise, I think I’ve over done the weight loss a bit, people even think I’ve been really ill etc. But I reassure them I’m fine lol.
Anyway, I’m maintaining at 2400 cals with the exercise mentioned. From what I’ve read or at least the general consensus online is I need to bulk and cut to gain muscle. My problem with that “mentally at least” I need to over eat by 300/500 calories a day and cut back on my cardio a lot . I’m not sure how I can eat that much more without tipping my sodium, sugar and other things with that amount of calories, throw on top little cardio, I’m concerned about ruining what I’ve worked hard to get rid of. Anyone else been in this situation? I feel the healthiest I’ve ever been, but don’t look so great, even I can see that, everyone I know has had a comment to make, but never “hey, you look well”.

Replies

• jmackkk
    jmackkk Posts: 37 Member
    I have similar situations but opposite. I gain mass and size, see the numbers on my lifts going up but then realize I need to cut some weight. Its hard for me cause every time I cut I watch the weight come off and I watch the numbers on my lifts drop and my size shrink. Its difficult but when I see old physical problems begin to come back I know its worth it. You could always cycle, say 8 weeks bulking and 8 weeks cutting or what ever works for you.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited October 2017
    What don't you like about your physique?

Have you looked at photos of yourself?

*When you gain fat your lifts go up because the fat cells push against each other and give you better leverage.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Lean59man wrote: »

*When you gain fat your lifts go up because the fat cells push against each other and give you better leverage.

The what now?

gfdn7mkomupb.gif
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Lean59man wrote: »

The what now?

gfdn7mkomupb.gif

I want to say something but the imagery of all those fat cells pushing against each other has me near to tears. h.