Any one who has done intermittent fasting and lost weight while having stevia nd milk during fasting

2»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    You can't lose weight that way. You need to put eggs in your milk in order for intermittent fasting to work.

no, no, no... you need BCAAs and coconut oil for weight loss...

True, but eating eggs outside of the house works better.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    If you are consuming milk and stevia in your coffee, you're breaking your fast.

Pretty much this.

Can you lose weight doing it? Of course, I lost weight eating at 6, 12, and 9 most days, so not fasting at all. But I don't understand why you would call it a "fast" if you are consuming calories.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Fasting means you don't eat anything.

You drink water, coffee, tea.

Nothing with calories.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member

How is she breaking her fast? Stevia has zero calories, so that isn't doing it, and she doesn't say how much milk she is putting in her coffee. There is no hard and fast rule of how many calories will "break" your fast. Some people claim it is 50, while others say it's 100. If she wants milk and stevia in her coffee, that's her business.

Not corrected anyone or anything but isn't a fast when you have no calories? It's an honest question. Cause when the doctor tells you to fast after midnight they normally mean like nothing with calories, you're allowed water, tea and coffee but with no sugar or milk and nothing to eat. I fast but I don't have any calories in that time frame. I didn't know that people claim it to be 50 and what not.

IF is not the same thing as a medical fast that a doctor asks you to do before blood tests. If you look into how to do IF, in essays and books, there will usually be a guideline of how many calories you can consume without "breaking" the fast. I have found most of them say it's 50 calories, while some say it is 100 calories.

Oh okay, thank you I did not know that!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Pretty much this.

Can you lose weight doing it? Of course, I lost weight eating at 6, 12, and 9 most days, so not fasting at all. But I don't understand why you would call it a "fast" if you are consuming calories.
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Fasting means you don't eat anything.

You drink water, coffee, tea.

Nothing with calories.

These are exactly what I thought
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Guys I will ask 10000 of questions here in community....do not answer if u dont want to...no one is bloody forcing u ok...

It's you life...but it certainly seems a waste of time when you just ignore the answers. When are you going to realize that none of this is remotely complicated...think of where you could be if you just ate your calorie targets all of this time rather than latching on to some newfangled fad or whatever pretty much weekly...

Doing what you're doing is going to get you nowhere fast...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited October 2017
    Guys I will ask 10000 of questions here in community....do not answer if u dont want to...no one is bloody forcing u ok...

You don't see a problem with asking 10000 questions and paying attention to exactly 0 of the answers?

My wish my choice..my life...

Okay here's the problem. You have been given solid information about exactly how to lose weight. You continue to choose to make it complicated and then get frustrated when we tell you that you are missing the entire point.

Complete list of things you need to lose weight:
    1. A calorie deficit.
    2. See number 1.

Anything you do beyond that is personal preference. You can do coffee enemas, put butter in your coffee, eat only eggs/cheese, go vegan, turn 12 circles in the middle of the kitchen before every bite, or add milk to your coffee during your intermittent fasting time. None of those things are going to cause weight loss unless you are in a calorie deficit. None of those things are going to stop weight loss if you are in a calorie deficit.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017

I have a feeling all of your posts are going to get trashed now, and I'll enjoy watching. When you over and over and over and over and over ask for advice and then don't take it, people stop giving you relevant information. So thanks for the entertainment.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Any one who has done intermittent fasting and lost weight while having stevia or some artificial sweetners and some little bit milk in thier teas and coffees during fasting for 16 or 20 hours and lost pounds???

Fasting means no calories.. so I drink coffee black in the morning (4 calories for 4 cups). It took some getting used to about 10 days but taste buds acquired taste for the dark brew. I do at 16:8 fast. I have lost 6+ lbs since I returned to MFP 25 days ago. I have lost more inches than the lost poundage would indicate. Less sugar reduces fat belly.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Any one who has done intermittent fasting and lost weight while having stevia or some artificial sweetners and some little bit milk in thier teas and coffees during fasting for 16 or 20 hours and lost pounds???

Fasting means no calories.. so I drink coffee black in the morning (4 calories for 4 cups). It took some getting used to about 10 days but taste buds acquired taste for the dark brew. I do at 16:8 fast. I have lost 6+ lbs since I returned to MFP 25 days ago. I have lost more inches than the lost poundage would indicate. Less sugar reduces fat belly.

Sugar doesn't cause belly fat. Eating more calories than your body needs causes belly fat.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

It's you life...but it certainly seems a waste of time when you just ignore the answers. When are you going to realize that none of this is remotely complicated...think of where you could be if you just ate your calorie targets all of this time rather than latching on to some newfangled fad or whatever pretty much weekly...

Doing what you're doing is going to get you nowhere fast...

Darwinism.......that's my wish.....my choice....my life.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    I know this isn't the same poster, but they both share similar issues, so... Cake sandwich.