Your Weekly Meal Plan -- Tell Me About It!

If you're like me, you are one of those people that like to plan and list and create the most optimal meals from week to week. I scour Pinterest or Facebook videos I've flagged or books/magazines and play with recipes/macros until I find the best combinations. I shop and prep on Sunday, then stick to the plan for a week. The next week I start fresh.

I'm curious what kind of meals everyone else is having from week to week! Post your meal plans! We can reap the benefits of exchanging ideas and recipes. :)

This week:

Breakfast after lift:
-Omelette with parsley, green onion, mushroom, grape tomato and reduced fat shredded cheddar topped with salsa.
-Side of grapes.
-Coffee with Premier protein shake.

No exercise breakfast:
-Pumpkin flax cereal with almond milk mixed with 1 scoop of Quest vanilla protein powder.
-Black coffee.

Lunch:
-"Sardicado" toast. 2 slices of whole wheat toast with sliced tomato, 1 tub of Wholly guacamole and 1 drained container of sardines in EVOO and lemon juice (smashed).

Snack 1:
.5 oz each of raw pecan pieces and almonds, 1 TBSP of raisins.

Snack 2:
(Lift day) 2 oz deli turkey and 2 oz hummus
(Rest day) 3-4 sliced baby peppers and 2 oz hummus

I leave dinner open to play with!

Replies

• spmahan
    spmahan Posts: 2 Member
    Currently working on burning fat, but also keeping from not feeling weak and not getting good pump while lifting. So this is what works for me.

Right now i lift fasted 6 days a week 1 rest day

Meal 1
    Cup oatmeal with salsa
    4 whole eggs with hot sauce

(If i dont have time to cook befor work i do...
    1.5 scoops of protein with 3 whole wheat pc of bread)

Meal 2
    8oz chicken
    1.5 cups white rice with hot sauce

Meal 3
    6oz steak
    1.5 cups white rice

Meal 4
    1 scoop of protein with water
    Peanut butter and cinomen sandwitch on wheat.

I typically eat some sort of junk between meal 1 and 2 just depends if im hungry and how much effort i put in at the gym.

Its not the most nutritious over all but it works. If u count macros i shoot for around 200g protein, carbs slightly higher, fats low to moderate. Prolly about 2600-2800 cals total. Compensate as i go will prolly change slightly as my day goes on.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    spmahan wrote: »
    Currently working on burning fat, but also keeping from not feeling weak and not getting good pump while lifting. So this is what works for me.

Meal 1
    Cup oatmeal with salsa

Meal 2
    8oz chicken

Meal 3
    6oz steak
    1.5 cups white rice

Meal 4

I typically eat some sort of junk between meal 1 and 2 just depends if im hungry and how much effort i put in at the gym.

Its not the most nutritious over all but it works. If u count macros i shoot for around 200g protein, carbs slightly higher, fats low to moderate. Prolly about 2600-2800 cals total. Compensate as i go will prolly change slightly as my day goes on.

I would seriously consider swapping some of your rice, bread and oats for vegetable carbs. Also some more fat - maybe unsaturated sources considering you get a decent chunk from eggs...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    I stick to similar meals on week days, and get creative on the weekends.

This week I have

Coffee with macadamia oil and hydrolyzed collagen

Eggs (whole and whites) with zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, and parmesan

Lifting days - toast, one cheese/Vegemite, the other choc hazelnut spread with raspberries.

Salmon, a mountain of vegies, avocado

Jelly/jello with frozen berries, yoghurt, nuts and chocolate cereal. Coffee with milk.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    During my weekdays, my diet really does not tend to vary.

If I do have anything in the AM, it will be Full fat Greek yoghurt & Quark mixed with Pb2 and mixed nuts, seeds and dried fruit otherwise perhaps a jam doughnut if I am craving one.

I don't eat lunch.

Dinner is always Chicken breast with skin, New potatoes or root vegetable mash, a hard boiled duck egg and a decent amount of vegetables followed by an apple.

After, I might have more Greek yoghurt with seeds, pb2 etc.

Bedtime, I have an individual packet of these Belvita breakfast biscuits and either apple chips or a fibre one brownie.

Weekends, I usually have a meal out, that being pizza, steak, chinese food, some sort of roast or very occasionally, a proper burger in a nice restaurant (by occasional, I mean that this Saturday gone was the first burger I had in about 6 years). I also have dessert and cake or whatever else I have been craving during the week.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My meals change day to day, but here is a rough outline during the week when I am cutting:

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, coffee with milk
    Snack: Fibre bar or cottage cheese with fruit, candy (preworkout)
    Lunch: 2 egg and white omelette, cheese, kale/spinach/veggies, OR creamy zoodles with chicken OR light chicken caesar salad
    Snack: Protein bar, protein mug cake, protein shake
    Dinner: Usually revolves around a protein source, lots of veggies, a carb side, salad, sometimes some wine
    Dessert: Greek yogurt with cookies or small single serve ice cream

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If you're like me, you are one of those people that like to plan and list and create the most optimal meals from week to week. I scour Pinterest or Facebook videos I've flagged or books/magazines and play with recipes/macros until I find the best combinations. I shop and prep on Sunday, then stick to the plan for a week. The next week I start fresh.

I'm curious what kind of meals everyone else is having from week to week! Post your meal plans! We can reap the benefits of exchanging ideas and recipes. :)

This week:

Breakfast after lift:
    -Omelette with parsley, green onion, mushroom, grape tomato and reduced fat shredded cheddar topped with salsa.
    -Side of grapes.

No exercise breakfast:
    -Pumpkin flax cereal with almond milk mixed with 1 scoop of Quest vanilla protein powder.
    -Black coffee.

Lunch:
    -"Sardicado" toast. 2 slices of whole wheat toast with sliced tomato, 1 tub of Wholly guacamole and 1 drained container of sardines in EVOO and lemon juice (smashed).

Snack 1:

Snack 2:

I actually need to try this, it has my name all over it! hehe ;)
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

This week:

Breakfast after lift:
    -Side of grapes.

No exercise breakfast:
    -Black coffee.

Lunch:

Snack 1:

Snack 2:

I actually need to try this, it has my name all over it! hehe ;)

It is super yummy, but I think I'll add hot sauce when I eat it again!

I am curious what your recipe is for that protein mug cake!!!
  • changeconsumeme

This week I have

Lifting days - toast, one cheese/Vegemite, the other choc hazelnut spread with raspberries.

Jelly/jello with frozen berries, yoghurt, nuts and chocolate cereal. Coffee with milk.

That sounds like such a good combo! I looooove a good, sharp Parmesan <3

I see a lot of collagen coffee drinkers nowadays. What does it taste like?? Or do you just taste the macadamia oil? I didn't even know that was a thing. Yummm.
  • changeconsumeme
    spmahan wrote: »

Meal 1
    Cup oatmeal with salsa

Meal 2
    8oz chicken

Meal 3
    6oz steak
    1.5 cups white rice

Meal 4

Do you like...mix the eggs in with the oatmeal? Such an interesting combo!
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Breakfast is black tea with cream

Lunch is the same all week- baked salmon and quinoa

Meal 1- beef barley soup
    Meal 2- Roast beef, mashed cauliflower and brussel sprouts
    Meal 3- big *kitten* salad with whatever is in the fridge and leftover beef
    Meal 4- Baked potato and black beans
    Meal 5- Roasted Chicken, green beans and leftover potatoes crisped in the oven.

If I snack it is Greek yogurt or avocado on toast or crackers
  • livingleanlivingclean

This week I have

That sounds like such a good combo! I looooove a good, sharp Parmesan <3

I see a lot of collagen coffee drinkers nowadays. What does it taste like?? Or do you just taste the macadamia oil? I didn't even know that was a thing. Yummm.

I cook the vegies in loads of spices for flavour too... And add fresh herbs if I have them

I use collagen in coffee because it mixes in without clumping, unlike whey protein. I think it has helped my skin improve... I have flavoured ones, but the natural one doesn't have much taste.

• Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    These look great! Great meals to compliment exercise too. I need to definitely add more exercise. I prep all of my snacks so they are portioned and I prep my veggies for the week and portion out in ziplock bags.

My target is 1200 calories. I can stick to the calories with the right combos but struggle with protein intake.

Breakfast:
    Cold brew coffee with skim milk (20 cal)

Mid-morning snack (110 - 160 cal)
    Terra crinkle sweet potatoes chips, kettle popcorn or sweet plantain chips

Lunch:
    Evol or Saffron Road Asian or Indian inspired frozen meal (260 - 310 cal)
    Carrots and salsa (50 cal)

Dinner (350 - 500 cal):
    - Beef or turkey hotdogs with mushrooms, asparagus and onions (Monday, Wednesday)
    - Seafood medley with kale, carrots and snap peas over brown rice (Tuesday, Thursday)
    - Salmon burger on English muffin and salad (Friday)

Dessert (25 - 200 cal)
    Raspberries, dried mango, homemade pumpkin oat cookie, almond sea salt chocolate bark or homemade pumpkin bread

After dinner snack (70 - 90 cal)
    Crackers and cheese spread or mini Babybel

• jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm doing lower carbs so my menu typically looks like this:

Breakfast: Cold brew or Americano with sugar free vanilla and heavy cream, chicken sausage or patty, 2 hard boiled eggs

Snack: An ounce of cheddar cheese

Lunch: White meat chicken or tuna over spinach/spring mix with olives, spicy pickle chips, Bolthouse blue cheese dressing OR white meat chicken or chicken sausage with steamed veggies

Snack: Raspberries, strawberries, nuts, peanut butter, beef jerky, etc. (one or two of these depending on what I have on hand, how many calories I have left, and what I'm in the mood for)

Dinner: A protein with a vegetable (my sister cooks dinner so it varies), tomorrow is chicken stir fry.
  • spmahan
    spmahan Posts: 2 Member
    Do you like...mix the eggs in with the oatmeal? Such an interesting combo![/quote]

I use to it, but it depends what i make them with. I use to put hot sause in both n mix them but i ate that so long i had to switch it up with the salsa. My wife says it sounds nasty but it makes it tolerable and gets the job done lol. On a side note i started useing cinamin and honey in the oats lately.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    I have a pretty standard approach to my routine for meal planning:

Breakfast: cauliflower oatmeal (riced cauliflower, banana, cashew milk, cinnamon, apples, SF syrup), 1-2 eggs either scrambled or hard boiled, 3 breakfast turkey sausages, cuppa hot tea

Lunch: a big salad including the following staples: romaine, spinach, tomatoes, cukes, avocado, black beans (or a diced apple), ham (or other protein available like chicken, egg and/or steak), SF salad dressing. I also love all things pickled so usually have pickles, pickled beets, pickled asparagus, picked Brussel sprouts and/or sauerkraut with my salad on the side

Dinner: crapshoot - if I get a good deal at the bargain outlet on Powerblend shredded veggies, I’ll sauté that up with chicken sausage or diced pork chop and add in paella seasoning or marinara sauce and parm cheese. If I get a good deal on ground turkey, I make a casserole like chili with corn bread topping, zucchini lasagna or a hamburger casserole to last a few days. Dessert is usually an enlightened ice cream bar, yogurt or cottage cheese depending on how the macros work out for the day.

Evening snack: cottage cheese, yogurt or enlightened ice cream bar. Occasionally something different like scrambled eggs or pumpkin flax oatmeal if I am craving a warm meal.

The ingredients of each meal are versatile enough that I can adjust macros as needed for heavy lifting days versus endurance running days.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    I don't have a meal plan so much but I try and meet some basics.

Breakfast cereal, oats, yogurt, fruit based. For on the go I love homemade energy bars with oats, yogurt, nuts and seeds in.

lunch will be soup, roll, or couscous and tuna/cooked meat and some fruit

Dinner meat based most of the time with lots of veggies, sweet or regular potato, sometimes pasta or rice but often caulirice, zoodles or butternut squash noodles because actually they are really nice.

snacks, nuts and dried fruit carefully portioned out, little eggy vegetable muffin, protein bars/cereal type bars

For the weekends breakfast often stays the same but sometimes protein pancakes or waffles.

lunch beans, eggs, veggies, toast, sometimes smoked salmon

dinner same as weekday evenings. occasionally splash out on a pudding but we have both reduced our sweet tooth quite a bit. Yogurt with fruit and granola goes down quite well though.