Looking for support

Options
Well I have been on this journey for quite some time and I'm super frustrated. I'm 45 years old and I think my hormones are trying to kill me! Lmao (but really) I'm going to tell my story here but what I want is an amazing group of people that are working towards the same goals who are active in the group and support each other in a positive way. No sales, no gimmicks, just support. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in 6 months. April14th, 2018. K here goes.

I was 115 pounds all through my teens and 20s. In my 20s I had three beautiful babies, three years apart. With each pregnant I gained about 45 pounds and lost it all within about three months of having each baby no problem. When I turned 30 it seems like boom I gained 30 pounds instantly. I'm sure it wasn't instant but it feels like it was. I started going to the gym for like 2 hours a day and made no progress at all. I started Herbal Magic out of frustration and dumped so much money into that it is laughable but I reached my goal weight and it was awesome until I blew out my gallbladder. I am not talking about a simple day surgery here. I almost died, I was bedridden for months while they had me on tons of antibiotics trying to get the infection down to operate they finally gave up and took it out. It was neurotic and fused to my liver and small intestine and had to be scraped away. I received a 23 am scar under my right ribline. It was horrible and in the process i gained all the weight back plus 20. My heaviest weight was 184 pounds. Ugh!!!!

In comes Beachbody. I got super involved in that and did great. I started in December and by Auguest, four years ago I was 8 pounds from my goal weight. Then I quit smoking and boom here come the weight again little by little and all the hand to mouth trying to avoid smoking I gained back 32 pounds. So for the past four years I have been struggling, gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over agsin. I can't seem to get the focus back that I had while doing Beachbody and I can't seem to get my calories and activity balanced in a way that I am not hungry all the time and that I am burning enough calories to lose weight.

I have tried a few "magic pills" fully knowing there are no mafic pills but simply out of frustration and i feel like all i need is the right group of people to work with to get this done once and for all.

Please help if this is something you are ready to do as well.

Replies

• castillodragon97
    castillodragon97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey there I started my journey April 4th after i was cleared after having a seizure and let me tell you that was a huge eye opener for me I was taking diet pills and never again will I do that again. I started at 238 back in april and now I'm 199.6 please feel free to add me on here and on fitbit email is lcastillo1978@icloud.com please feel free to add me.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    First big thing - you'll drive yourself nuts with a time based goal - forget it - don't even try.
    Almost 2 lbs weekly won't be realistic, perhaps at start (not really though), not at all near the end.
    You'll cause stress retained water which will stress you out even more.
    Your workouts will start to suck from lack of recovery eating at big deficit - so there goes the body transforming as much as possible.

Second to that- Pick a reasonable deficit for the amount to be lost, and change it to be reasonable as you lose weight.
    The less you have to lose, the smaller the deficit should be so as not to stress out the body, and allow workouts to be done well for transforming the body.
    40 lbs is 1.5 weekly goal loss - 750 cal deficit.
    30 lbs left change to 1 lb weekly.
    15 lbs is 1/2 lb weekly.

Having good workouts by being properly fueled will cause the weight loss to look like more because of more transformed body.
    Besides - how many people you really inviting in to see you weigh naked in the morning - or are you wearing a sign with your weight on it?
    Or do people merely see you ....

Weigh all the food you eat, measuring is for liquids only.

And tweak your Fitbit for most accurate daily activity calories - meaning test that distance walking is correct.
    Ask if you need more info on that.

If HR-based device - recognize what exercises using HR-based calorie burn could be inaccurate and inflated and if it matters.
    What are currently planned workouts?
    Beachbody is very general description of what they provide.
    How long, how often weekly?

These are basic requirements for long term success, the mechanical part of it you might say - the mental is a whole other page.
  • Sunlovinmomma4
    Sunlovinmomma4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm beginning my journey *again* today. I've lost weight a few times through weight watchers, but that was between having babies. I'm convinced that being 45 is my biggest obstacle. I have 4 kiddos, the youngest is 9. I did loose the weight after he was born, bit I've regained it all, then some. I am currently at my highest weight, 225 (I think, I don't even want to weigh). I need something fairly simple food wise, as I have 3 of my children and my husband to feed as well. I don't have time for weight watchers or complicated diet plans. I'm ready to shed some of this weight though!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am 46, menopause sucks. anyone can add me on fitbit.
  • Divinelydark
    Divinelydark Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    After having a serious car accident that caused me to lose mobility for quite a while and gain large amounts of weight due to inactivity and medication, I am finally back on track to losing weight and being back to fully functioning. I am currently halfheartedly training to run a 5k run (just for my own satisfaction). I have a 10k daily step goal, but have struggled a few times to make that goal.

Anyone can feel free to add me here or my Fitbit Profile is:
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/5XK3XF