Short extreme cutting period how much harm

sector9russell
sector9russell Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys

Looking for your opinions on this. I'm 5 ft 10 83kg and 13-14% bf (caliper method) I'm 41yo. I have a 18 km mud run in two weeks and I train 6 days a week, 3 of which boot camp and 3 of which free weights focusing around compound lifting mainly.

For the last week I cut calories to 1550 per day to get rid of the excess fat on stomach where its a sticking point for me. I intend to do this for another 10 days. My macros are roughly 200g protein, 100g carbs and 50g fat a day.
Do you think I'm going to lose a lot of muscle doing this or as it's a short period of time will make little difference? I'm dropping around a kg a week at present, well judging by last week. The two months previous to this i did slow cutting at around 2300 calories a day but time is running out and would like to get down to 10-12% bf before the race, which I know is a big ask in two weeks.

Churs.

Replies

• ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    You'll be fine. At worst, you'll lose a little bit of strength, but nothing that won't come back in a couple of lifting sessions.