Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why are most mfp users against holistic nutrition?

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I would love to see this alleged evidence that veganism cures arthritis.

The usual response to this is you can't because "big pharma" silenced the report....

pfft! Just google it! (j/k)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @TenderBlender667 I would love to hear your thoughts on your thread :smile:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Holistic medicine is fascinating and can be an extremely beneficial adjunct to Western medicine. My problem with holistic medicine is it is often administered recklessly. When administered properly, I think holistic medicine is great. What we take in greatly effects how our body functions. Personally, I take D mannose, cranberries and apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment/prevention. This treatment has to do with preventing bacterial growth through an alkaline environment and flushing the bacteria out. I know to look out for flank pain, fever and such which could be signs of of dangerous complications. On the other hand, I have seen naturalpaths prescribe cranberries without asking about other symptoms beyond a basic UTI....

Actually both Holistic and Western medicine can be done in a way that is awesome or equally awful. Western medicine just is a much younger discipline. Some health care providers seem to be blending the two with some success.

I wasn’t trying to knock the wonderful advancements of Western medicine. In all disciplines, there are providers with verying degrees of knowledge. There are numerous examples of life saving treatment that Western medicine provides. A couple of the many examples are antibiotics and vaccination.
This discussion has been closed.