Anyone read the latest research on Keto by Alan Aragon?

filbo132
filbo132 Posts: 956 Member
What you all think of it? I am personally not surprised by the results, I kind of expect it infact.
Summary-Table.png

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I need to know who you are following for the LULZ.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Thanks @mmapags
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Thanks @mmapags

You got it!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I will chime in here......

I come and go in the MFP forums as I find the "<fill in the blank> is bad" arguments boring and the ensuing "blah blah blah" childish. Now, please understand that this is *NOT* directed at anyone in this post - or at this post. This is just a very general observation that I have made in my short time here. And this post will possibly turn out to be one of those type of posts (and this is *NOT* directed @filbo132 - great job on posting this so that those interested can follow it).

What I do find encouraging (and why I continue to come back) is that there are awesome and amazing folks in here from whom I learn. Everyone is different.....everyone is going to gain from one thing or another. And, what works for me might not work for you - and vice versa. But, just because my opinion (which is often - in part, anyway - formed by some personal experience) differs from your's does not make me wrong and you right (and, again, vice versa).

I am interested in the Keto Diet. I am particularly interested due to a high A1C value (for the last decade). If that will help me reduce that value to something within "normal" then that is a good thing. For me. Because I have a specific need and the Keto Diet seems to be a very viable solution to that specific need then I am going to investigate it. As I suspect that some would (and, unfortunately, I can not say "most would").

Anyway, I am grateful that I logged in tonight and that @filbo132 posted this.

I am also interested in super serious training sessions. I am going back to the gym this coming week so I will see how the low carbs that I have been playing with this month (the entire month of October!) work when I hit the gym hard. I think that we all know how that is going to go. :smiley: I am going to find a way to make it work.

I mean, you get healthy first; then you get fit, right? That is the only way to do things.

Anyway, there are those with an agenda. Again, not directed at anyone in this post....just a general observation that I have made.

And, there are ignorant folks. I include myself in that group. It is okay to share your opinion - especially when it is ignorant - so that those with specific knowledge/experience can help you to see your ignorance and edjumacate you. :smiley:

Those with an agenda are welcome and encouraged to keep their agenda to themselves.

Just saying.....
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I will chime in here......

I come and go in the MFP forums as I find the "<fill in the blank> is bad" arguments boring and the ensuing "blah blah blah" childish. Now, please understand that this is *NOT* directed at anyone in this post - or at this post. This is just a very general observation that I have made in my short time here. And this post will possibly turn out to be one of those type of posts (and this is *NOT* directed @filbo132 - great job on posting this so that those interested can follow it).

What I do find encouraging (and why I continue to come back) is that there are awesome and amazing folks in here from whom I learn. Everyone is different.....everyone is going to gain from one thing or another. And, what works for me might not work for you - and vice versa. But, just because my opinion (which is often - in part, anyway - formed by some personal experience) differs from your's does not make me wrong and you right (and, again, vice versa).

I am interested in the Keto Diet. I am particularly interested due to a high A1C value (for the last decade). If that will help me reduce that value to something within "normal" then that is a good thing. For me. Because I have a specific need and the Keto Diet seems to be a very viable solution to that specific need then I am going to investigate it. As I suspect that some would (and, unfortunately, I can not say "most would").

Anyway, I am grateful that I logged in tonight and that @filbo132 posted this.

I am also interested in super serious training sessions. I am going back to the gym this coming week so I will see how the low carbs that I have been playing with this month (the entire month of October!) work when I hit the gym hard. I think that we all know how that is going to go. :smiley: I am going to find a way to make it work.

I mean, you get healthy first; then you get fit, right? That is the only way to do things.

Anyway, there are those with an agenda. Again, not directed at anyone in this post....just a general observation that I have made.

And, there are ignorant folks. I include myself in that group. It is okay to share your opinion - especially when it is ignorant - so that those with specific knowledge/experience can help you to see your ignorance and edjumacate you. :smiley:

Those with an agenda are welcome and encouraged to keep their agenda to themselves.

Just saying.....

Spot on! Based on critical health marker, you have made a decision to implement keto/lc. Just as a side note, sometimes just lowering carbs can help A1c but that is your call. Some your decision making hierarchy in spot on. Overall health first, gym performance 2nd. Kudos!

Even if you find some fall off of gym performance, as the saying goes, you are still doing better than everyone still sitting on the couch!