• Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height: 5'8.5"
    Total Weight lost: about 50 lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 9 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: below 153, maybe 140s...

Average weight recorded from January: 188.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 176.8 lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 171.1 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 165.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from June: 161.3 lbs
    Average weight recorded from July: 157.7 lbs
    Average weight recorded from August: 152.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from September: 149.4
    Average weight recorded from October: 147.3

Week of...
    5th of November: 143.6 lbs

Success/struggles of the week:

Still being vigilant about my weekly calorie allotment... and still poring over my facts and figures to confirm my TDEE. Since the start of 2017, my actual loss has been 92% of my "expected loss"; however, over the last 6 weeks, including a recent whoosh, just 63%. It was a huge relief to get a whoosh because I was starting to think that my maintenance TDEE, gulp, was going to be way way lower than expected. Instead I am just amazed at how long it can take for fat losses/gains to register... hehehe, the body must have a lot of red tape complicating the process! So, I'm continuing with my plan to vary my daily deficit to whatever is tolerable on a daily basis, and possibly end up reaching the low end of my range.

There were some sales at a local drugstore chain, and I ended up buying 32 Turtles bars (caramel/pecan/chocolate). One thing I've learned as I stock up on treats, is that it's nicer to eat them later in the day using "saved-up" calories, rather than following the "eat first/pay later" approach.

We now have lots of snow and ice on the sidewalks, and walking is more challenging. And my feet are playing up and being a pain. I was in agony for the last few miles of my walk home last night. Despite all the misery, I noticed something absolutely delightfully hilarious: I was carrying a lot of weight from shopping, and had also stuffed a two litre bottle of pop plus 4 large tubs of Greek yogurt into my backpack: the weight was actually over balancing me and causing me to slide faster on the ice. Oh my goodness, I thought, I have officially become a "little wisp of a thing"!

Wishing everyone a lovely week! I feel for those of you who are struggling. I know how hard it is to carry on sometimes. I hope it helps to talk about it on this thread, amongst people who understand and wish you the best. Anyway, I applaud your efforts, and that you seem to treat yourselves with the same kindness and understanding you would show others.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Name: Bon
    Height: 5'1.75"
    Total Weight lost: ~30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 4 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 99-104

Average weight recorded from October: 103.9

4 November: 100.8
    13th November:
    20th November:
    27th November:

Success/struggles of the week: Just joining here for the first time. But have been lurking reading these for a few months. I am a veteran Yo Yo dieter (can you say 45 yrs worth!) who is focusing on maintenance this time around. I reached my goal the end of Sept and started slowly adding 100 calories every other week in Oct. I am still adding and trying to figure out what a good level will be. For me the struggle is transitioning and slowly adding calories. I had thought it would be faster but adding every other week seems to give me a better database. My TDEE spreadsheet is looking to be around 1850 so I have a few more weeks to play at slow adding I think. It is really helpful to me to read all of these posts. I don't know why all my life I thought I would diet and then just be "normal". It does not seem to really work that way at all. I am also hopeful that MFP now set to maintenance this month will give me an accurate read on daily intakes. It links to my fitbit. Right now it shows BMR at about 1200 and adds about 300-600 for exercise and activity.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Name: Harper
    Height: 5'1
    Total Weight lost: 50 pounds
    Time it took to lose: one year, four months
    How long in maintenance: four months
    Maintenance weight range: 117 -122

Average weight recorded from May: 120 (goal)
    Average weight recorded from June: 119.2
    Average weight recorded from July: 121
    Average weight recorded from August: 121
    Average weight recorded from September: 121
    Average weight recorded from October: 120.6

Week of...
    6th November: 122
    13th November:
    20th November:
    27th November:

Success/struggles of the week: Success - Finally feeling better -- and done with all last month's projects. Time to refocus on healthy living. Struggles -- Getting back in the game is tricky!
  • kell0606
    kell0606 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Name: Kell0606
    Height: 5'3"
    Total Weight lost: 20 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 6 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 115-120 lbs.

March: 137
    April: 135
    May: 133
    June: 129
    July: 125
    August: 122
    Sep: 120
    Oct: 119

Nov 6: 119.0
    Nov 13:
    Nov 20:
    Nov 27:

Successes this week: 1 month into maintenance, and I'm still within range - woo hoo! In order to stay motivated I've given myself some fitness goals that I've started working on...not a fan of running, but want to be able to run a 5k (actually run the whole thing) and I am determined that I am going to do a pullup. I've never in my life been able to do one, so this would be major for me.

Struggles: Halloween candy. Can't figure out if I should try and ignore it, or just work on eating it so then it will be gone and not tempting me anymore - lol.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Height: 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 150 (at lowest wt so far)
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3
    Feb avg 155.1
    March avg 155.9
    April avg 154.7
    May avg 155.4
    June avg 155.4 (2 weeks only, gone rest of month)
    July avg 155.3
    Aug avg 155.6
    Sept avg 155.4
    Oct avg 155.2

11/7/2017 156.2

I'm enjoying my Women on Weights class and trying new things. Last week we did the plate machines which I'd never done before. I liked it, especially the leg machines. I've also been doing back extensions on the 45 degree bench for 2 weeks. I like those and will keep them up. They seem to work my abs as much as my back. This week I did incline and decline chest press with barbell. That was cool. This week we will do dumbbells. I'm familiar with them, but am sure I will learn new things. I go to the Y 2x week for this, plus one workout on my own, so I've not been able to make extra trips to swim. That's too bad because my swimming had been improving this fall. I'm 35 minutes away one way, so it's a big time commitment. If it was 5-10 min away, I'd probably go every day!

Oh, my FitBit One died this week, I've had it for 3 1/2 years! The bluetooth died. FB has discontinued this model, so they're hard to find. I really like this model because it's a clip on and counts both floors and steps. My hubby finally found one on eBay for a decent price. The seller had good reviews which he checked, but he didn't notice the shipping location until after he ordered it--CHINA! So that means it will take a few weeks to get here. UGH! Much to my surprise, I could hardly handle one day with out it---with shorter days and wetter weather it's harder to get out! So after getting up at 3:30am and working a long hard day as a nurse, hubby stopped on his way home from work to get me a Zip. It doesn't count floors, but at least I can keep up with my steps. I'm close to some big step and floors milestones I'd planned to reach by the end of the year, so I hope I get the new tracker in time to register enough floors.
  • lorrpb
    Options
    Name: MW
    Height: 5'2"
    Total Weight lost: ~20lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~4months
    How long in maintenance: 10 months
    Maintenance weight range: 110-115lbs

Average weight recorded from January-September: 113.7 lbs
    October: 110.02 lbs

Week of...
    4 November: 108.0 lbs
    11 November:
    18 November:
    25 November:

Successes/struggles of the week: I feel like an a-hole complaining about losing weight- so I’m not going to do it. But I just don’t know what’s going on. Clearly I need a lot more calories ??? This new way of eating is clearly doing something quite drastic. I don’t know. I guess more avocados and olive oil and honey are in my immediate future- though what I really want is to put away half a cheesecake!

I hope you are still logging. It looks like you're losing 2-4 lbs a month, which means you need to add back 250-500 cals per day. There are MFP threads about calorie dense foods, so I'd encourage you to check those out. Go ahead and have some cheesecake too!
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @fitand50inSD lol “winter is coming” - couldn’t help reading that bit of your post in Kit Harington voice in my head
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @lorrpb I know how you feel. I would be lost without my fit bit. My husband says "Welcome to the Borg."
  • dingylingo
    dingylingo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachael
    Height: 5'11
    Total Weight lost: 43lbs
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 6 weeks - Since my wedding day!
    Maintenance weight range: 147-150

Average weight recorded from September: 148
    Average weight recorded from October: 150

Week of...
    6th November: 150
    13th November: 149
    20th November: 149
    27th November: 149

Struggles of the week: Trying not to feel like I'm still "dieting" even though I know that I have to watch everything I eat still, probably for the rest of my life, because I gain weight so fast. It's a very daunting feeling.

Anyone else feel the same?
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Rachael I feel the same as I've done this before and this time I know it's for life
  • Rachelmilloy
    Options
    @dingylingo
    Rachael, I too reckon a lifetime of watching how much I eat awaits me, which certainly can be daunting. But then I think, Hallelujah!! - I at last know exactly what I need to do to maintain my weight. I can certainly live with that, given the pay-off. And who knows, after a few years of maintenance, it will all become automatic and therefore more effortless!
  • Rachelmilloy
    Options
    Oops, I meant to say "maybe" it would become automatic.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Options
    @mk2fit
    Thank you!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:145lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How long in maintenance : Since 4/14/17
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 122 at morning weigh-in.

January avg weight trend: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight trend: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight trend: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight trend: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight trend: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight trend: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight trend: 122.3lbs
    August avg weight trend: 118.9lbs
    September avg weight trend: 119.1lbs
    October avg weight trend: 118.6lbs

Trend week of...
    27th October: 118.5lbs
    3rd November: 119.2lbs
    10th November: 119.1lbs

Successes of the week: I had a few binge-free days.

Challenges of the week: Made another poor decision at work yesterday, got really hung up over it, and just beat myself up with bingeing. Still trying to shake it off.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As mentioned in the Oct thread, despite maintaining at 158 for the past 10 months or so, my weight is increasing and has been trending towards 160-161 at the upper end of my desired weight range on 1900 cals/day for the past month.

Not sure what's going on but I don't like it.

I joked that I needed to change the batteries in my scale and I actually did that w/no change in the trend. So, I'm obviously eating too much and/or not exercising enough.

So, I've decided to go back into weight loss mode and am dropping my cals to 1650 cal/day for a drop of 1750 cals/wk w/a goal of losing 1/2# per week which should take me back to158 w/in 4-5 wks.

Will report on whether this is successful or not later in this and/or next month's thread.

• lorrpb
    Options
    @dingylingo Before I ever started on this journey I made a very conscious decision that I would need to change the way I ate for the rest of my life. It's not easy some days, even after a year in maintenance, but it's far preferable to getting fat again IMO. The results are worth it!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight:194 on 9/6/2016
    Time it took to lose: 37 weeks
    Total Weight lost: 64 pounds on 5/27/2017
    How long in maintenance: 24 Weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 122-130

Average weight recorded from...
    June............129
    July..............130
    August.........129
    September...129
    October........129

Week Of...
    Nov 3.....129
    Nov 11...128

I'm changing the low end of my maintenance range down to 122 for more of a wiggle room :)