November accountability and weigh in

Options

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread @mrssunshine78! And very sorry to hear about your friend's mum and your baby boy. Hope the funeral wasn’t too tough on you.

Sorry for the radio silence everyone. My partner’s step mother passed away on the 29th after a major brain haemorrhage and cardiac arrest the day before. She was around 56/57, so far too young. It’s all been rather intense with my partner dropping everything to go and support his dad through this, waiting around for an operation on Monday the 30th to have some organs removed for donation. So yes, healthy eating was not on my radar and boy do I know it. Partner came back last night, and now that things have settled down a bit both of us are rather keen to get back to normal again. Funeral is next Tuesday.

@glassofroses: I know what you mean regarding the death certificate. Although she died in hospital, which normally makes things easier, the fact she was an organ donor and organs were taken from her complicates matters. So the death certificate was finally ready on Thursday or Friday. It just makes it harder for the immediate family. Keep on keeping on is all you can do.

I did go to the industry dinner last Wednesday, which in fairness was a welcome night out. It was lovely to dress up nicely and have a social night with colleagues, suppliers and customers old and new. And I looked fabulous.

Conservative goals this month as I am up from Wednesday already (I was 165lbs this morning – likely water weight for the most part). Next week’s weigh in will be a day late because of the funeral.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW November: 164lbs (last October weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    November goal: 160lbs
    Body fat goal for November: 25.7%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct: 164.2lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    18th Oct: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    1st Nov: 163lbs – Body fat 25.9%
    9th Nov:
    15th Nov:
    22nd Nov:
    29th Nov:

Welcome newbies!
    Congrats on the 150s @2tall4thisworld!
    Excellent result on the bulking @sardelsa.

Sorry for the lack of other mentions. I’ll get better again!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission Oh hon, I'm sorry. That is young. I hope everyone is coping okay. But it's a great thing she's doing with organ donation. It's not a comfort to you while it's a complication, but after the fact it'll be a lovely reminder.

As for us, we're still waiting even now. An inquest has been called so it could be 6-8 weeks before we can have a funeral. Maybe longer. It's just making a painful thing 10 times worse, but there's nothing we can do. Flipside, I managed to pick up a brand new black Dorothy Perkins pencil skirt midi dress from the charity shop for 1/6 of it's original price for the funeral. Nothing I own fits me still, so this came up like it was meant to be, instead of me having to buy a pair of trousers I'd never wear again. I wasn't even in the shop for clothes, I like book hunting. It was also weird because it's a size 8 (US4) and normally I don't pick up the 8 first in a shop. I always go to the 10 even if it's too big, but I took it into the changing rooms, tried it on and it was perfect. Even down to the length because it's not a tall range dress but it comes just above my knee. Guess my dad, who loved a bargain, was looking out for me.

Well, as I'm here, here are my stats.

Height: 5'11.5
    HW: 212lbs on MFP/220lbs at doctor's office
    SW November: ? Last recorded Oct. weight was 141.2lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145-150lbs strong.
    November goal: Halt my weight loss again.

November 6th: 139.2lbs (time of the month so more like 137)

I'm eating normally, constantly hungry, munching on crisps, but stress will get you every time. I'm bloated on my period, I can feel it, but I've lost so much that my belly is still flat. Doesn't sound like a terrible situation to be in, but I'd rather have gotten here myself. :lol:
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs
    SW October- 165.6 lbs
    SW November- 158.7 lbs

Nov 1st-158.7 lbs
    Nov 5th- 159.8 lbs shark week
    Nov 10th-
    Nov 13th-
    Nov 17th-
    Nov 20th-
    Nov 24th-
    Nov 27th-
    Nov 30th-

November Goal 154.0 lbs

For the first time in at least a month I had a couple days of careless eating. :( I have been studying quite a bit lately, which means hanging around the house, which means hanging around a fully stocked fridge, which means rewarding myself with food. I prefer being on campus all of the time, because food is a second thought. This also might be do to the dreaded shark week, that I am so much hungrier than usual. Anyhow, I think I am going to wait to weigh myself for another two days. Stepping on the scale after a couple heavy eating days, can make me really upset. I am going to try to get back on track today and tomorrow and see the results on Wednesday.
    Thank you all for the congratulations!! It means so much.

@rianneonamission I am so sorry for your loss. :( My thoughts are with you are your partner.
    @mrssunshine78 I am terribly sorry for your loss. I appreciate you sharing with us a very personal part of your life. That level of honesty and vulnerability shows tremendous strength. My thoughts are with you.

Welcome newbies!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss @rianneonamission and @mrssunshine78 sending you both lots of hugs.

Thank you for checking in on me, I don't think I've updated in this thread yet.

Height: 5'7"
    SW: 129lbs
    GW: 140lbs
    November goal: 134lbs (trend)

Nov 3- 133lbs
    Nov 10 -
    Nov 17 -
    Nov 24 -

While it's great I'm keeping in my surplus, my food choices haven't been that great lately (looking at you Halloween candy!!) so trying to reel it in. It's kind of hard to add cals without going crazy with the fats, so lots of low fibre carb choices will be my best friend. Bagels, pasta, rice, cereals, dried fruit.. here I come!

• KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs
    SW October - 169.4 lbs

November 1 – 167.9 lbs
    November 6 – 166.4 lbs – officially 20 lbs lost!!!!! :smiley:
    November 8 -
    November 15 -
    November 22 -
    November 29 -

November Goal - 165 lbs

Happy Monday ladies!

I’m happy to report that I’m seeing successes again. It’s funny, I didn’t really move much at all the first 3 weeks of October and I was kind of writing it off as a couple different things, but the fact is I just wasn’t logging or wasn’t logging accurately. There’s a number of reasons why I wasn’t, and that’s okay, but it was just enlightening for me that literally the week I started logging properly again, I was back on track. It’s funny how you can do something well for a long time, and then suddenly stop doing that and wonder why you’re not seeing results anymore. It was an eye-opener for me to make sure I keep up with logging if I’m really serious about keeping this up.

It seems a lot of people have been having some hard personal times. I’m sorry to hear about your struggles @glassofroses, @mrssunshine78, and @rianneonamission. I wish you all the best. :heart:

@bringbackthejoy – good luck with the physio. I hope this injury doesn’t keep you down too long and that you’ll back at it soon.

@2tall4thisworld – Studying can be really bad for mindless eating. Any distraction is better than staring at those stupid books, and yummy distractions are always best. Studying on campus is a great plan to help you curb that. And I think it’s a good choice to give yourself time before you weigh in if it affects you emotionally. Having strategies to keep positive is important. :smile:

@sardelsa – I can imagine it would be hard to make good choices when you’re purposely trying to up your intake. It would be so easy to just start having a donut everyday and then add a sugary specialty coffee and then start grabbing a chocolate bar from the vending machine and before you know it, you’re completely off track. Good luck on getting the intake you want from the right foods!

Have great week everyone!

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    So I didn't lose any weight in the October challenge :/
    I didn't gain any weight, so I am still counting it as somewhat of a win.
    November is hard because of Thanksgiving, but I'm determined to be successful!

Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 125.8
    November Goal: 123 LBS

Nov 1: 125.8
    Nov 4: 125
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HW 171
    GW 138
    Nov GW 153
    Nov 1 155.5
    Nov 3 156
    Nov 10
    Nov 17
    Nov 24
    Nov 30
  • michumetamorphosis
    michumetamorphosis Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My condolences to you both @rianneonamission and @mrssunshine78

I've never done an accountability thing, so here it goes.
    So I had reached a plateau with my 1200 restrictive diet and I decided to try again but with 1500 cals.
    Eating clean and doing a lot of HIIT, walking and lifting weights:

Heaviest Weight: 160 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 124 - 127 LBS
    Current Weight: 134 LBS
    November Goal: 126 LBS

Nov 6: 134 LBS
    Nov 13:
    Nov 20:
    Nov 27:

It's almost summer and festive season in South Africa and the biggest problem I have is alcoholic beverages...
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Height 5'3"
    Age 33
    Heaviest Weight: 155
    August Weight: 111
    October Weight: 103
    Current Weight: 105
    Goal: Add muscle

I wish I could say that weight gain was muscle (though I do think I have gained some) I have fallen off hard (only diet wise - I've been super consistent in the gym) right before halloween and then the candy left over here (it was pouring rain) got me even further off track. I found my motivation again to get back on my clean eating about 3 or 4 days ago and have been back on the wagon. Still want to add muscle. I was planning on bulking now but my husbands has a Christmas party for work in a month and I want to look BOMB so I am going to start bulking after that. Hopefully.. CLEAN bulking lol. So I guess for the next month is maintenance and losing some body fat.. so truly a mini cut. .. We will see! Im kinda down for anything for the next month as long as Im happy with the mirror.
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SW October- 145 lbs
    SW November- 150lbs

Nov 1st- 150 lbs
    Nov 7th- 148 lbs
    Nov 16th-
    Nov 23rd-
    Nov 30th-

November Goal 147 lbs

----
    So I decided to try out intermittent fasting this month (after doing some research) and i think its okay so far (:
    Has anyone tried this before?
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments, I’ve really struggled this past week or so, my eating hasn’t been great, I am trying to fit some exercise in though. Also my period is due too, so that’s making me feel worse.

@rianneonamission I’m so sorry for your loss, so sad, you’re right it’s no age at all :(
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments. It gets worse this week with having had to make the decision to have our beautiful boy John put to sleep this coming Friday. He's the cat in my profile picture and the most epic cat I've ever come across. He is an older boy (at least 12, though we think he is older - more in the region of 16) and has FIV & kidney failure.

But despite everything I did go to the gym on Monday, and had my PT session yesterday. Feeling more in control again, which is nice.

However, I am still very much of the opinion that 2017 can *kitten* right off. I have done well physically in terms of losing weight and getting fitter and healthier, but emotionally it's been a *kitten* whirlwind and I'm done with it.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW November: 164lbs (last October weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    November goal: 160lbs
    Body fat goal for November: 25.7%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct: 164.2lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    18th Oct: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    1st Nov: 163lbs – Body fat 25.9%
    8th Nov: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    16th Nov:
    22nd Nov:
    29th Nov:
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Although it looks like I've lost a pound this week, my trending app has shown a trend of gaining for more days then not lately. I've been trying really hard not to freak out about that! Seeing what I wrote here a week ago is really helpful - I wanted to take it slow anyway.

Height - 5'7"
    SW: 147.6
    November Goal: 146

Nov 1: 147.6
    Nov 8: 146.6
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    So I didn't lose any weight in the October challenge :/
    I didn't gain any weight, so I am still counting it as somewhat of a win.
    November is hard because of Thanksgiving, but I'm determined to be successful!

Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 125.8
    November Goal: 123 LBS

Nov 1: 125.8
    Nov 4: 125
    Nov 8: 126
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs
    SW October- 165.6 lbs
    SW November- 158.7 lbs

Nov 1st-158.7 lbs
    Nov 5th- 159.8 lbs shark week
    Nov 8th- 158.5 lbs
    Nov 10th-
    Nov 13th-
    Nov 17th-
    Nov 20th-
    Nov 24th-
    Nov 27th-
    Nov 30th-

November Goal 154.0 lbs

As suspected, I was a little more bloated than usual a few days ago and the appetite was up due to my period. Even though I don't really get a full period (because of the birth control), I do still experience some of the bloating, and PMS. I am hoping to be able to squeeze in a climbing session one more time before my next Friday weigh in.
    This week I am preparing for a major presentation on international relations and the politics of mass violence in civil wars. Yesterday I may of had one too many study breaks, involving lots and lots of YouTube makeup tutorials (my guilty pleasure!). I'm looking forward to getting through this presentation and getting some R&R by Friday. As for now its coffee, coffee, coffee!

@rianneonamission oh Rianne :( I am terribly sorry to hear about your beloved cat John. I LOVE your profile picture, and I am sure John has been given a full and loving life thanks to you. I have two older cats (10 plus years old) and I love them so much. My thoughts are with you.

@tiinytorii I personally have only done intermittent fasting for IBS related digestive issues. My doctor did say that sometimes sticking to liquids for a day or half day can help relieve the bloating and uncomfortable symptoms I experience. I am sure there are other ladies on here that have had success with it during weight loss though! My advice is to do whatever makes you feel your best, for sustained weight loss :)

@michumetamorphosis Welcome to the group!!
    @Go_Deskercise I am right there with ya on the Thanksgiving thing. That makes this month particularly hard. Your goal is totally achievable though. You got this!

• bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hi

Height - 5’3”
    Goal my old weight would be about 108 to 110 lbs (weight before we started fertility treatment), but i will only attempt this after we decide to not continue with the fertility treatment.

HW - 132 lbs
    SW August – 132lbs (weight gain due to IVF, mostly water)
    SW September – 112.4 lbs
    SW October - 112.4 lbs

November 6 – 112.4 lbs (another IVF cycle, started to inject for only 2 days
    November 8 -
    November 15 -
    November 22 -
    November 29 -

my plan is to try and eat healthy this month while undergoing IVF or at least trying to not compensate being depressed with eating chocolate. I wont be able to do much sport after injecting for a few days and after the transfer as even walking gets way to painful, so I really need to focus on my diet.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height: 5’3”
    GW November: 110 (aka ultimate goal)

November 3: 111.0; trending average 111.6
    November 10: 110.8; trending average 111.0
    November 17:
    November 24:
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission so sorry about your cat :( what a sad time you are having, big hugs

@bingo_007 good luck with your IVF, I had a few cycles in 2011 and 2012 and it is so tough on your body and also mentally, I hope it is successful for you

As for me, I've struggled again this week, I have managed some exercise, but it's totm and I'm feeling crap. I went to bed super early last night, but spent a few hours awake due to my daughters diabetes not behaving :(

3/11 62.1kg
    10/11 62.7kg

Not sure what I'm aiming for by the end of the month, maybe 61.5kg??
    This week my aim is to eat better and keep up the exercise

Hope everyone has a nice weekend
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thank you. I think most people dont really understand the struggle to go through this mentally plus changes on the body due to the medication. Hope your daughter will feel better soon (for diabetes to behave).
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HW 171
    GW 138
    Nov GW 153
    Nov 1 155.5
    Nov 3 156
    Nov 10 154.5
    Nov 17
    Nov 24
    Nov 30