Keto blood testing

Do any of you do the keto blood testing? If so, what do you guys use that’s helpful and not super expensive.

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    I have done some. Not sure there is any option that is not expensive. The machines are not too costly, but the testing strips are about $2.00 a piece! I've mostly used them to see how deep I am into ketosis. The urine strips are good for day to day checking.
  • KarblessKreature
    KarblessKreature Posts: 52 Member
    3 things to measure blood, urine and breath

I do once a week blood tests, the gold standard as of now. Believe they’re only 3-4 monitors you can get, $20-$40. And I’ve gotten strips from eBay/Amazon $1-1.50 depending on how much you buy. I use the precision extra monitor. In addition I also test blood glucose everyday(usually x2) way cheaper and you can sorta correlate your blood glucose to your blood ketones. I use the ReliOn prime($10) and strips are 18¢ when you buy 50+.

Haven’t bought a breath tester yet $100-$600 depending on which you want. Trying to find more about the ketometer.

Pee strips useful for just when your staring out. Once fat adapted pretty useless imo. Drove me crazy cause I stay well hydrated(1gallon/day) and I could hardly turn one pink
  • poncapaul
    poncapaul Posts: 1 Member
    I use a relion "confirm" meter from Walmart and the test strips are 35 dollars/100. That is only 35 cents each. I test 3 times/day.
  • Umm_Leila
    Umm_Leila Posts: 23 Member
    The most cost effective blood monitor I have found is "keto mojo".

They have some different kits with good prices that include strips, and I also have a $0.99 per strip price for life.

I highly recommend checking it out and hopefully the price will be helpful for you.
  • Umm_Leila
    Umm_Leila Posts: 23 Member
    poncapaul wrote: »
    I use a relion "confirm" meter from Walmart and the test strips are 35 dollars/100. That is only 35 cents each. I test 3 times/day.

Do you need a prescription for it, or can it be purchased otc?