Who else is skinny fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm in the opposite boat. I have to have a very low body fat (16% female) to even approach the very top of "normal" bmi. Lots of muscle, large frame for my height... guess that makes me "heavy lean?"
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nope, I'm in the opposite boat. I have to have a very low body fat (16% female) to even approach the very top of "normal" bmi. Lots of muscle, large frame for my height... guess that makes me "heavy lean?"

Actually it just makes you an outlier.

As contrasted with someone who's skinny fat, who essentially ought to know they have a problem, but without a marker other than BMI is able to remain blissfully oblivious.
  • djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    lol....3 flags....people do realize flagging to many people needlessly get themselves in trouble right...?

I think they jelly of you.

I agree 100%
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    djchaney73 wrote: »
    lol....3 flags....people do realize flagging to many people needlessly get themselves in trouble right...?

I agree 100%

Whatever xD Their loss if they get their accounts forum banned or something for dragging forum mods in repeatedly :p ill take that as a compliment you think its jealousy so thanks hah. Not sure what i have to be jealous of though.

Besides my peanutbutter smoothie.... Mmmm -happily walks off to enjoy-
  • djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I agree 100%

Whatever xD Their loss if they get their accounts forum banned or something for dragging forum mods in repeatedly :p ill take that as a compliment you think its jealousy so thanks hah. Not sure what i have to be jealous of though.

What the what??? I want a Peanut Butter Smoothie.....
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I agree 100%

What the what??? I want a Peanut Butter Smoothie.....

im jealous of myself right now LOL Its spinach, peanut flour, chia seeds, stevia and ice/water. Tastes like melted peanutbutter. So yeah. If theres anything to be jealous of, Thats it ;) Nommmm

edit to wonder what would happen if i made my smoothie, but hot. Actual melted peanutbutter taste :o?!? Must try next time
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So according to the definition then I'm not skinny fat but I still want my fat gone!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm heavy fat.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    @sofchak - ABSOLUTELY! I think that you have made amazing progress. And you should be proud of your progress and of the hard work and determination and 'adherence to the plan' that you have clearly shown! I am very hopeful that others are not distracted by my rant. It was definitely not intended to take from your awesome work.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    What’s the criteria for skinny fat? Is that being under weight with a high % of body fat?

How is this even possible? I never understood this skinny fat. Skinny unfit, yes for sure. But skinny fat? Nope.

It's when you're at a healthy weight but your torso looks like an upside-down rotisserie chicken. Think Roger the alien from American Dad.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    No harm, no foul, @Cwschulz27105. Appears as though this post has multiple threads of discussion going on at once ;)
  • delgrand
    delgrand Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    delgrand wrote: »
    @JaydedMiss - because in today's world way toooooo many people are way tooooooooo sensitive about certain words. After the last eight years, which are thank the good Lord above over and done, the "pc culture" is way too strong. Too people have way too high a degree of entitlement.

How dare you use the word 'fat" but look the way you do.

Disgusting! I really have a problem with this bull s**t thought process. Anyway, end rant (well, not really). You did nothing to deserve being flagged. What is the line from that movie? "You can't handle the truth!".....something like that, right?

And, I will likely get flagged for this. That is okay. My level of "don't give a <kitten>" is pretty darn high! Especially with people who are overly "sensitive".

Now, am I promoting someone being rude and disrespectful? Heck no. Am I promoting being blatantly direct? No, ma'am! Is it okay to be a bully? H**l no! Those people do not last for very long around me. I take care of those people!!!! Always have, and always will. But, gosh darn it! If everyone would stop being so sensitive and if everyone would stop making excuses for everyone else...if people would just start taking personal responsibility and accountability for themselves.....

I mean, for crying out loud. I went from 190lbs to 251lbs in the span of a couple of years. I was fat. Point, blank and period! Not really much to say about that. I was fat. And I did something about it. I went from super athletic and lean to fat and jiggly. And then took responsibility for it, made some changes to nutrition and to activity and - after a year or so - went back to strong and athletic. I am still fighting a high A1C which very likely comes from that five year time period in my life.

Anyway, the funny thing is that the OP was simply asking about something that is very common. Skinny - quote unquote - but with no muscle tone at all. How to combat that? I mean, that is what I read from OP's post. OP is simply reaching out, asking for advice and kinda sharing OPs opinion on how to combat that "problem". And, others have replied with awesome posts.

Sorry (that I am not sorry), folks! This post kinda ticked me off....not the post, just that someone was flagged several times. Kinda struck a nerve with me. Just me being me.

what a useless comment.

Found the flagger.

Nope, I don't even know what a skinny fat is. I did flag the useless comment though.