Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Home screen spammed with myfitnesspal blog

NickleArseNickleArse Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
Guys I don't mind the occasional blog post appearing on my home fees in the last few days there's nothing by myfitnesspal blog posts appearing. There's close to 30 articles appearing in my last 3 days worth of feed.

Is there a way to opt out from this spam? Is there a way to reduce this spam?

Replies

• CyberToneCyberTone Posts: 6,662Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,662Member, Premium Member
    It seems even Premium users who have the latest mobile app versions are getting all of these video blog posts with no way to turn them off. I am using an old, old version of Android - I have not updated in over two years - and I am not plagued by them, because I still have the option to turn them off. I am so glad I have not updated.

I hope MFP software developers made a mistake and will correct this soon.
  • KANGOOJUMPSKANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,356Member Member Posts: 6,356Member Member
    it does not bother me, I just keep on going.......
  • MichSmishMichSmish Posts: 489Member, Premium Member Posts: 489Member, Premium Member
    Yeah this super f’ing obnoxious on the part of mfp. What a shady move.
  • NickleArseNickleArse Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Obviously not. Might just download an apk of an older version of the app that doesn't have all this unwanted crap.

If anyone would like to do the same, apkmirror is a safe place to download older versions of apps. The only downside is you have to turn off auto updates in the app store. Any questions let me know :smile:
  • MrsLannisterMrsLannister Posts: 332Member, Premium Member Posts: 332Member, Premium Member
    This seems to have been fixed? I don't have any blog ads on my feed today.
  • NickleArseNickleArse Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    This seems to have been fixed? I don't have any blog ads on my feed today.

Hmm you're lucky, I've still got about 10 per day appearing. It means I basically don't see anything that originates organically from my friends

:disappointed:
  • rachnhrachnh Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    I’m having the same issue and it’s ridiculous. I have very few friends, so when they pop up I want to see, instead I keep getting 4-5 blog/whatever posts, then maybe one actual feed item, then more blog things. I wish they would at least have a way to shrink them into just a title after you see them or something!
  • MithriditesMithridites Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
    Please make it stop
  • FXOjafarFXOjafar Posts: 174Member, Premium Member Posts: 174Member, Premium Member
    Glad I'm not the only one to notice.
  • JaneiR36JaneiR36 Posts: 7,632Member Member Posts: 7,632Member Member
    This is so irritating. So they find out we don’t want to see this rubbish blog, provide an option to turn them off in our newsfeed, and then override our settings and bring them back with a vengeance??? WTH MyFitnessFrenemy????
  • randomunknownrandomunknown Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Yes this needs to be fixed.
  • JerSchmareJerSchmare Posts: 532Member, Premium Member Posts: 532Member, Premium Member
    I won’t be renewing that for f’ing sure. What a di*k move.
  • randomunknownrandomunknown Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    If this can't be removed on premium I see no advantage to sub.
  • 4queen_t4queen_t Posts: 292Member Member Posts: 292Member Member
    Premium,but there's really not much benefit to it for the price.
  • KaseyWolfKaseyWolf Posts: 164Member, Premium Member Posts: 164Member, Premium Member
    I really hate it too. The videos are becoming more numerous. I heard someone mention it eating up data plan. I know it hinders my using the app and I find myself using it less and less.
  • cardbucfancardbucfan Posts: 7,725Member Member Posts: 7,725Member Member
    The app has become essentially useless with the constant blog posts (and they are the same posts over and over again) and now I can't find the "post" button on my phone. Come on MFP-I get that you need to make money but this is ridiculous. I've been on here since 2010 and the product has steadily declined. I've stuck around because of my friends but now I can't even see or comment on their posts!
  • KimCarbdashianKimCarbdashian Posts: 34Member Member Posts: 34Member Member
    There are 5 new blogs hanging out at the top of my newsfeed. The option is turned off. It has always been turned off.

@alex @betty - What should we do?
  • BettyBetty Posts: 3,776Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff Posts: 3,776Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff
    There are 5 new blogs hanging out at the top of my newsfeed. The option is turned off. It has always been turned off.

@alex @betty - What should we do?

Please contact support by clicking on this link: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team can take a look.