Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options
tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
Today is my first day of maintenance. I am starting my maintenance journey at a weight of 150.7 pounds. This journey to maintenance has been long coming as I have always been a yo-yoer when it comes to my weight. I would lose and gain and lose and gain. But this time I know is different and I will not be gaining again. I have lost weight and been even smaller than my current weight but the weight loss was not done in the most healthy way and was totally unsustainable once the diet was over and I never had the mindset that I would keep the weight off all of those other times. This time is different, I have declared that this is my last time losing weight (which I never did before) and I am determined to stay at this weight if not go a few pounds lower. OMAD is a critical part of that because it is a WOE that suits me perfectly, I maintained my lean muscle while losing on OMAD and I feel good about where I am and being able to maintain.

With this final weight loss journey I have reached some major milestones:

Highest weight 211 pounds to current weight 150.7 pounds (60 pounds lost)
Clothing Sizes XL/1X to Medium and some small
Pant size 20W to 10 some 8
Bust size 40DDD to 36D

My current maintenance range is 145 to 155 pounds with the ultimate goal of 140 to 150 pounds. I will be following the Bear Maintenance plan consisting of 4 OMAD days and 3 Feast days per week. My maintenance week will run from Friday to Thursday with Friday being my official weigh in/report day. Saturdays and Sundays will always be feast days with the addition of 1 week day to make the third. The default week day will alternate between Fridays and Mondays and may change according to what is going on that week. I believe this schedule best fits my lifestyle and will afford me the most flexibility if the need arises.

I have changed my fitness goals in myfitnesspal for maintenance and it calculates my daily calories to consume at 1680 if I am sedentary.

So here it goes. Maintenance. I will report my Friday weights and my monthly average only.

November 10
Maintenance Day 1
150.7 pounds

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Maintenance, you've done great and I love your plan :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks Brenda, I hope I do as good as you. You are a true maintenance genius!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Quite the inspiring transition that you've made Tracey.
    welcome to maintenance.
    *thunderous applause*
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Good luck with the bear plan...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You have done very well! Congrats. I know I say it a lot but I believe it, low carbs were key for me for lunches to maintain weight (salads and meat worked for me). I do recommend weighing often so that if you need to adjust you can without gaining much weight back. Good luck!
  • Brendalea69
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks Brenda, I hope I do as good as you. You are a true maintenance genius!

You will do great and I agree with Bob about the carbs and weighing often :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Day one of maintenance went well. Since it was a feast day I ate a small breakfast and ate dinner. I believe I was under my MFP set calories for the day. I did not weigh this morning as it is my plan to only weigh Mon-Fri. So far today at around 11:00 I had some crab vegetable soup and wheatgrass juice and I will probably eat leftovers of last night's dinner. for dinner today.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Yesterday's meals.

kxw0t8vfu53n.jpg
    Breakfast casserole and coffee

haxxpxz46ue0.jpg
    Lasagna Roll, Salad, Cheesy Garlic Bread, 100 calorie Snicker

No photos of today's meal but I had crab vegetable soup for lunch and Olive Garden Chicken Parmagiana, Chicken Gnocci Soup, salad, and 2 breadsticks. Today was a true feast day at Olive Garden so I know I will have to reduce meal calories during the week to stay within TDEE calories for the week

• blambo61
    Options
    Be aware that your Monday weight may be a 2-3lbs heavier due to the weekend eating than it will be on Friday. That is ok and expected. Just observe if it is going up or down or staying even on each Friday!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I am aware thanks to Brenda sharing her numbers. My OMAD days will have to be strict to ensure I lose the feast gains.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Monday morning weight after 3 feast days...154.2 a gain of 3.5 pounds which was to be expected. Now I have 4 days to shed it. Not worried one bit I just have to stick to the plan. OMAD is awesome and I know it will work.
  • Brendalea69
    edited November 2017
    Options
    3.5 is not bad at all for 3 days, it will be gone before you know it :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's OMAD meal Salad and Cornish Hen half with grapefruit juice and ACV. Didn't take a picture, but it was delicious.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to following your maintenance.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Just stick to it. It's good to know what to expect!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Was back down a pound this morning. Everything is looking good for maintaining so far. I am in this for the long haul.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    This is great :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Weight today the same as yesterday. My OMAD yesterday wasn't the healthiest of meals. I had a chicken cheese steak and a half order of curly fries. I had been craving the sandwich for a while and finally got it. I will post a picture of it later.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yummo Curlies!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Ended up eating lunch today so today will be a 2MAD day. I had cream of broccoli soup.
    x0t6x3o3dau2.png

I am not sure what I plan for dinner. I was thinking of just having my chocolate kale shake or a small meal.