What’s your motivation for losing weight?

Hey guys! Starting a new thread for weight loss inspiration <3 I’m curious, what is it that pushes you to lose weight? This month, mine is fitting into a dress for a party coming up (I’ve recently put on a few pounds :'( but I’m confident that I can get back on track!)

Share your inspiration!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Health, first and foremost. I didn't have any health problems even when I was overweight, but I knew it was increasing my odds of developing disease. Especially since I was menopausal. I really did want to the beat the odds of become a frail old lady. Since I can't change it I'm cool with the old part, but I hope I never become okay with "frail".
  • babydragoooon
    babydragoooon Posts: 18 Member
    WOW <3 I honestly did not expect so many replies! This is great! It is amazing to see so many other supportive people on this app
    Keep up the good work you wonderful people!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Tank Girl!!!
  • babydragoooon
    babydragoooon Posts: 18 Member
    You guys all have amazing mindsets. Just continue to take things one meal at a time to reach your goals! Tell all your friends and be sure to comment here to update your progress!
    Lets stay motivated together <3
  • kmrob2
    kmrob2 Posts: 42 Member
    Luckily, no health problems for me so primary reason is completely superficial and for vanity's sake! I don't mind my current curvy body but I miss my super-toned body from a few years ago. And I honestly miss heavy lifting and endurance running.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Had a wake up call in August when I passed out while walking and broke my face and two teeth. one tooth went thru my bottom lip and it cost $2000 to fix my teeth.