Gluten Free desserts for Thanksgiving?

lporter229
lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
Any recommendations? I usually get a store bought GF pie crust and make a pumpkin pie, but I am looking for something different this year. I am thinking about making a pumpkin cheesecake, but thought I would check in here and see if anyone has any great ideas. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm making GF banoffee pie for Christmas. The biscuit base is a mixture of GF buscuits and ground almonds
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Pumpkin fluff, so simple, so good. I forgot the recipe,but you can google it. A can of pumpkin, a container of cool whip, that easy.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Apple crisp/pie made with non-wheat flour or oats.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @TavistockToad - I had to google banoffee pie. Looks amazing!
    @corinasue1143 - I have made that pumpkin fluff before. I forgot all about it. It really is good. thanks for the reminder.
    @Coachjen71- Apple and peach crisps are two of my stand-by desserts because they hold up really well to the gluten-free treatment since there isn't much flour in the recipe to begin with. Great suggestion.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I am making individual white chocolate cheese cake w/ cranberry topping. The crust will be a mix of GF graham crackers & ground pecans. Individual so they can't get cross contaminated.
    Also making GF stuffing, mac n cheese and green bean casserole and my own turkey breast to take with me to my grandparents house. Unfortunately this is the only way to be sure to not get gluten sick.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I don't really have any thanksgiving traditional foods but some of my go-to recipes that happen to be GF are meringues, chocolate truffles, sorbets, and granitas. Also fruit poached in syrup or stewed in a compot.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    edited November 2017
    Pumpkin mousse or custard would be good. Either is basically pumpkin pie without the crust, although if you need a crust you could go with an oat or nut base.

A baked fruit cobbler would also be tasty.

Panna cotta is delicious and surprisingly easy.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't know if it is considered particularly a thanksgiving dessert but mousse is pretty good and gluten free.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I'd make baked apples using Splenda brown sugar blend, walnuts, and cinnamon.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Any recommendations? I usually get a store bought GF pie crust and make a pumpkin pie, but I am looking for something different this year. I am thinking about making a pumpkin cheesecake, but thought I would check in here and see if anyone has any great ideas. Thanks in advance!

Creme brulee (I've even seen people do pumpkin-flavor)
    Sticky rice in sweetened milk with mango
    GF pie crust + some other type of filling (pistachio pudding is a favorite of mine).
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited November 2017
    http://whatmollymade.com/chocolate-caramel-tart-paleo-gluten-free-vegan/

Chocolate Caramel Tart.

This recipe is amazing IMO and really easy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    madwells1 wrote: »
    http://whatmollymade.com/chocolate-caramel-tart-paleo-gluten-free-vegan/

Chocolate Caramel Tart.

This recipe is amazing IMO and really easy.

That looks AMAZING....
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Lidl has a GF brownie mix I've been eyeing out of curiousity.
  • LadyCloud
    LadyCloud Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2017
    Paleo Mom’s Pecan Pie is AWESOME!
    https://www.thepaleomom.com/pecan-pie/
  • GlutenfreeOma
    GlutenfreeOma Posts: 15 Member
    I'm making a crustless pumpkin pie. Google "Gluten Free Easily." The recipe is on her site.... along with lots more.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    LadyCloud wrote: »
    Paleo Mom’s Pecan Pie is AWESOME!
    https://www.thepaleomom.com/pecan-pie/

Thanks for this, it looks great!!