No sugar no wheat

So for the last 6 weeks I have been on a journey of cutting out sugar and wheat. I definitely feel and see the results, although my work out is poor. Anyway my question is, can I get some breakfast suggestions am really growing tired of what I normally have.

Replies

• thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    What are you consuming for carbs? Your work out is probably getting tough because you don’t have enough energy from those carbs.... I mean don’t get me wrong it will force your body to burn your fat though I’ve tinkered with it before..... I usually just eat a crap load of eggs and cheese in the morning any way. I’m shoot you a FR
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    I've been having oatmeal for breakfast every morning this week.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    eggs are pretty much my breakfast staple. eggs w/cheese, boiled eggs, eggs over easy, egg salad....I'm the bubba of eggs.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    What type of breakfast foods are you getting sick of? It's hard for us to give you examples because what we eat might be the same thing you're trying to get away from.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Scrambled eggs with veggies.. Or granola cereal with almond milk..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Trout with some rice...
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Peanut butter and banana smoothie! Oats. Almond flour pancakes. Greek yoghurt and fruit, granola and nuts/seeds
  • thapainmaker
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Trout with some rice...

I almost lost my sheit reading this lmao! Love me some fish

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    I have a bowl of sweet potato and fruit with ground flax seed with a glass of almond milk
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Why cut out sugar and wheat? What kind of sugar?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    What are you consuming for carbs? Your work out is probably getting tough because you don’t have enough energy from those carbs.... I mean don’t get me wrong it will force your body to burn your fat though I’ve tinkered with it before..... I usually just eat a crap load of eggs and cheese in the morning any way. I’m shoot you a FR

you dont burn through fat not eating carbs,you lose fat in a deficit no matter how you eat.
  • thapainmaker

you dont burn through fat not eating carbs,you lose fat in a deficit no matter how you eat.

I know that’s the common belief but it seemed like I burned more on low GI diet..... that’s my experience
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited November 2017

I know that’s the common belief but it seemed like I burned more on low GI diet..... that’s my experience

its common science not belief. and maybe for you being in a calorie deficit you lose weight quicker in certain areas due to your genetics and so on. some lose quicker in areas than others,. oh and most of my diet is low GI foods due to having to be on a low fat,cholesterol and high fiber diet. and I dont lose fat any faster than when I ate more processed foods.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Where are you getting your fiber? Most comes from whole grain and fruits...some veggies. I like turkey sausage and omelets for breakfast, although I eat all kinds of things. I don't eat added sugar or much white starch, but do eat fruit and some whole grain.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I like my breakfast and with minor variations it stays the same. And pancake Sundays (the last two were gluten free). So lucky for you my breakfasts suit your guidelines. No free sugar usually but there’s still natural sugar in the yogurt and fruit.

Oatmeal cooked with a scoop of powdered milk and currants. Stir in a protein powder and Greek Yogurt. I might sweeten with Stevia or saccharine.

The fruit might be frozen blueberries or raisins.

The gluten free pancake I made this morning had cornmeal, corn, cornstarch, two eggs, butter, baking powder, salt, and turmeric. I made a sauce with orange juice, cornstarch, corn syrup and raspberry liqueur. I had the pancake with yogurt.