6’8” 295 getting started

Hello everyone, I’m Harley. I’m 27 years old and just recently I was weighed at the doctor comming I’m at 295! I am 6’8” tall, but to me that close to 300 isn’t something I like. When I was 21 I weighed in at 227. I felt great about myself, clothes fit awesome, I was confident.

As I got a little older, got in a relationship , started eating home cooked meals more, along came the weight. I recently just told myself I have to do something. I started my fitness Pal a week ago. So far it’s been fun keeping track of my foods. I set the goal for 2lbs a week.

To be honest. I do not plan on hitting the gym hard or much at all. Maybe 20-30 mins of cardio once or twice a week, but I have a very busy work schedule and household chores day to day.

As long as I stay strict the the my fitness pal and throw in a little cardio here and there, is 227-230 a far fetched goal ? What kind of time frame should I think for that kind of weight loss ?

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    I mean Lebron is 6’8” and 265. You’re not far off from super hero size bro!
  • Strives4Progress
    Strives4Progress Posts: 78 Member
    You can lose weight with diet alone but exercise has a lot of health benefits. Also strength training will help you maintain muscle and burn more calories. So it would be beneficial for many reasons to try and include some.
  • bensimmons25
    bensimmons25 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, just starting today as well. I'm 26, 6 foot 3 and weighed in at 285. I was 220 at 17.5% body fat at the beginning of the year. Time to get back to it for me! Interested in a buddy to work together toward our goals?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I would strongly recommend the you lift some weights regularly - look at Starting Strength, Strong Lifts or Grey Skull - pick one & stick with it - Eastcoast Jim