Focus forward

daneejela
daneejela Posts: 461 Member
edited November 2017 in Motivation and Support
Last few months I was whining on this forum about lack of motivation and difficulty to care about my body at all. Last few years I am switching between great motivation and care for my weight and total neglect and apathy toward my body. I am not struggling with the healthy lifestyle in a way that I dislike healthy food or that I dislike things like walking, running etc. But I guess that I struggle with the mental part of it - sometimes I feel like it doesn't make any difference if I am 40 lbs lighter or heavier or that it feels selfish to do things I enjoy.

I am opening this thread with just one commitment - that I will come here every day and write something as a way to keep going through this blurry times when I don't see the way in front of me.

Anyone feeling similar is welcome to join :)

Replies

• daneejela
    So, here I am..I'll focus on the positive...I am still not where I want to be, but yesterday I've gone walking for the first time after a longer pause and I made nice roasted butternut squash and goat cheese for dinner.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Great job on the walking! Great idea to check in daily with your thread too! My commitment for my day is that I’m about to eat breakfast, and then pack my lunch to take to work, instead of running out the door hungry! Best wishes for both of us today!
  • daneejela
    Hey, thank you for support!

I think your goals for today are great, it's really important to be prepared :)
    My goal for today is to take a walk like yesterday and to not snack after dinner.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    What a great idea for a thread, especially as we head into the holidays and temptations are everywhere! My positive action for today is to get to the gym for one last workout before tomorrow’s Thanksgiving dinner!

The mental challenge is more than half the battle. We’re n this together!