looking for ***female*** friends/gaining/ed recovery

Options
Hi, I am in recovery from my ED and doing well but lost some of the weight I gained so I am back trying to gain. I already have increased calories and am increasing more every few days. My goal is to gain about 1 pound a week and have it not ALL be fat. I freak out when that happens and relapse so I figured this time I'd do it the right way. I don't really have fear foods anymore but do have some restrictions due to medical issues. I do not over exercise...in fact I don't really at all! But starting Monday with 21 day fix workouts to gain muscle. I don't under eat but I do need to add more calories to keep gaining. Anyone want to be my buddy? I don't come to the message boards often so add me and message me your goals. I look forward to supporting each other!!

Replies

• jobina5
    jobina5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand you so well. I feel like I am the only one here trying to gain weight, and am in recovery also.My doctor has told me not to exercise yet.I think I am still under eating although I am eating 6 times a day but usually always hungry, well finally.Wasn't the first week, am going into week two.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi @agentventi! Good Luck on gaining weight! I am gaining as well since I lost tons due to health issues. My doctor requested that I try to gain at MOST 2 pounds a week. I usually average between 1-1.5 pounds, and gained 30+ pounds now. I am 10 pounds away from my final "goal", but will most likely reassess when I get there. Here are some tips and expectations that I feel are important:

1. Always be on the same page with your medical recovery team.
    2. Even with weight lifting, you will gain some fat with that muscle.
    3. The fat will grow in the abdomen area because the organs need to be preserved and restored. Everything will redistribute over time. Change your way of thinking - " This is only temporary. I'm not getting fat, I am getting healthier."
    4. If you reach your calorie intake, and you still feel hungry/weak, eat! It's your body telling you it's needs more. Now is not the time to control it; that will also sort itself out.
    5. You might need to eat more than what mfp gives you. I mean A Lot more! Again, your body needs a lot of catching up to do. Example: I should be eating 1900 calories accordingto mfp. I actually eat 3250 calories.
    6. Think of mini goals along the way. 1st 10 pounds/weight, get a cute haircut. 2nd goal, buy new shoes. Etc. Make it fun along the way.
    7. Work with your team, and I strongly suggest counseling if you don't go already. There will be hard times ahead, and you will need support more than ever.