40lbs lost using MFP

2»

Replies

• shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    You go girl!
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Either you look a lot bigger sitting down, or you're one lucky woman because you look like you lost a lot more than 40#! Congratulations!

That goes to show how different our bodies are.

What's you SW and CW?
  • AtallaMelissa
    AtallaMelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Amazing! I am curious to know how long your transformation took? I'm just starting out and my goal is 40 pounds in order to get to my healthy weight.

It took me about 4 months going every day non stop it was the hardest thing ever!!!
  • AtallaMelissa
    Rebirth08 wrote: »
    Either you look a lot bigger sitting down, or you're one lucky woman because you look like you lost a lot more than 40#! Congratulations!

That goes to show how different our bodies are.

What's you SW and CW?
    I think the scale only said 40lbs because I’m sure it’s all muscle gain. I started at 190lbs and I’m 150 now. I do a lot of yoga so I have more muscle in my arms and abs.
  • AtallaMelissa
    What I did was count every calorie I consumed using this app which forced me to eat only half portions or pass up a bag of chips. Chips are my weakness:( but it’s almost 500 calories per bag!!! The app helped me stay on track a lot. For exercise I would walk 30min to an hour a day 4-5 times a week at 3.5-3.7 mph. I didn’t do anything crazy. Then to get a little toned I would do yoga at home in front of my tv from you tube lol it’s free! The yoga helped me the most. I ate everything I could that had fiber in it, it keeps you full longer and it satisfied me faster. Lots and lots and lots of green tea or pretty much any tea I could find. Lots of water. Any thing to boost your metabolism. I didn’t come up with any of this on my own. It was hours on YouTube and google and asking anyone about the most effective ways to lose the fat. So I just combined everything I learned into everyday. HAVE YOUR CHEAT DAYS! It’s not the end of the world. Don’t deprive yourself you will go crazy and give up. If you have and questions I’m here :)

awesome.. how long did it take ?.. I am aiming at 60-70 mints active hours a day. And with calorie counting / watching what I eat, i am down 16 lbs in 2.5 months..aiming for another 5 by end of the year..
    Cheat Eat days are good in a way..u eat what u want & it makes you accountable. So keeps you on track :) I feel horrible when i eat more and it makes me work out for the lost calories..but I have hardly gone beyond my calorie limit. May be a day or 2 because I am aiming at a minimum of 400-500 calorie deficit a day.
    I think it’s very important to eat at least 1000 calories a day. If you are only eating 400-500 a day then your body might be storing the fat and your metabolism isn’t going up. Eat more but healthier your body is also probably very exhausted from working out and needs more energy (food) one thing I learned is that you have to eat or else you will gain every thing back very quickly. Keep it up!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2017
    Weighmeless said they're aiming at 400-500 calorie DEFICIT a day, not that they're eating 400-500 calorie a day.
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Soo sooo true awesome job and thanks for encouraging others! I workout 5-6 times a week. I have 4 kids and am so busy. The hardest part of working out is getting out the door . If you start asking yourself do I wanna workout today the answer will always be no. I quit asking myself I quit thinking about it I just do it and once I get my butt going I am happy about it everytime .
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    I’m just amazed you still have boobs! Haha! Mine disappeared after weight loss, ugh.
  • AtallaMelissa
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    Weighmeless said they're aiming at 400-500 calorie DEFICIT a day, not that they're eating 400-500 calorie a day.
    Well if you look at my food diary entries that’s clearly not true. I stay between 1000-1200 a day and hardly any days my least calorie intake is 800-900. If I was eating 400-500 a day for 4 months I’d be a toothpick
  • DogServant
    DogServant Posts: 30 Member
    Excellent progress- congrats.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Amazing job girl!! I'm down the same amount in the same time length. Your transformation is way more noticeable than mine!! Love to see someone on a similar path! Keep it up!
  • chasitystiff1988
    chasitystiff1988 Posts: 11 Member
    Add me please I would love your help you look great
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    awesome!
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Wow!!!!
  • Spoilascanb
    Spoilascanb Posts: 40 Member
    You look great. This is so inspiring. I am in week 2 and feeling a little discouraged.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great job!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Totally agree...I have to reach my 10k steps a day regardless of how busy or tired I am...even if it means folding and taking each laundry item one by one to get there :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!