Options
12345679»

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    Ok here goes anything goes. For the last several weeks I have hated everyone around me well almost everyone. I just want to go find a desolate cave to hibernate until I change my attitude or the world ends. Whichever comes first. If I didn’t have teenagers myself I would think I was 14 again and hated life and everyone in it. WTH is wrong with me? It has to be me and not everyone around me right? I mean not everyone can be complete jerks. If I didn’t have a filter between my head and mouth I would be in a lot of trouble. Not done venting but I’ll keep it short...ish

The thing about jerks is there is probably a perfectly understandable reason why they are acting like jerks...they just might not understand it themselves until the moment had passed.

For example, this evening...I made some stupid comments in a thread about somebody wanting to talk about prayer requests.

That was dumb. They are thinking in kindness...so dumb to treat that with meanness. But...eh, well...at that moment I was upset.

A cousin younger than me is seriously ill, and it infuriates me to beg "God" or whatever you would call it or nothing to have at least some semblance of decency.

Everyone around you acting like an *kitten* has a whole life full of perfectly understandable reasons in succession explaining why they are being jerks in that moment.

Having a filter between your head and mouth is a great idea, though...when I remove my filter...it is almost always for the worse.

I forget it time to time...but positive thinking can pull you out of a slump.

For example, after months of positive thinking...instead of posting a bitter thesis on the illogical nature of prayer to the God of classical theism I made a few snide comments and came here to apologize.

:D

Progress!

o:)

Very good point. I appreciate that response so much. I think we are all in a perpetual state of progress. :)

I actually came back to this thread to say I had an eye opening experience today that made me have faith in humanity again.

I was in a meeting with room full of Dr’s when a patient who was treated ill in the ER based of his history of drugs and his appearance ran into the Dr who treated him ill at a men’s retreat for church. That Dr realizes in all his judgement of this man he missed why that man was the way he was. That man had a horrible history of mental, sexual and physical abuse by his parents and did not want to be an addict. It was the life he was dealt. The Dr also missed what they had in common which was they are both a child of God and he had no right to treat that man like that. They are actually friends now and that man has been clean and sober for nearly 2 years. That man still looks the same as he did at the first encounter but he is changed inside. This testimony made me have faith in humanity again. It was very eye opening and I was thankful that man had the ability to be honest and tell that Dr how bad he had treated him. I also appreciated his strength and power to get up in front of a room full of Drs and explain this to them. He stepped way out of his comfort zone to hopefully bridge a gap for other patients who may be treated like they are less than human.

I’m so sorry for your cousins illness and what your family is going through. I also know what it is like to question my own beliefs and I understand why people do question it. I also know that prayer does not always save a persons life but it can help to make the passing from this life to the next easier and decrease pain and suffering in the process. It gives them something to look forward too. I have seen evidence for my self as I see a lot of death and suffering. I won’t say I know the reason for death or that I understand why we have to suffer at all. There is so much bad in the world. But I do know I take comfort in thinking that I may be with those who pass again someday in a world free of pain and suffering and that I could help them to suffer less with prayer. I would rather have faith in God and take a chance that I’m wrong thinking there is a better place than not have the faith and live eternity without that better place. I guess I’m saying I don’t have anything to loose by believing but I have everything to loose if I don’t. If that makes sense. I don’t say this to preach. I don’t think every person or every Christian says or does the right thing. In fact as a Christian I have probably failed more than what I did when I wasn’t a Christian. I feel judged myself by other Christians. But they are human and deserve my forgiveness as much as anyone. I respect people’s choice to believe what they want. This is just my experience and I felt compelled to share it.

I appreciate your response to my venting it made me think more about what the other people may be going through.

I’ll keep trying the positive thinking. I bought a book to write some positive thinking in daily a few months ago. It’s time to use it. Positive thinking does Work I have seen evidence of that too. Thanks for reminding me.

Progress for sure. :)

TL;DR
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Ok here goes anything goes. For the last several weeks I have hated everyone around me well almost everyone. I just want to go find a desolate cave to hibernate until I change my attitude or the world ends. Whichever comes first. If I didn’t have teenagers myself I would think I was 14 again and hated life and everyone in it. WTH is wrong with me? It has to be me and not everyone around me right? I mean not everyone can be complete jerks. If I didn’t have a filter between my head and mouth I would be in a lot of trouble. Not done venting but I’ll keep it short...ish

The thing about jerks is there is probably a perfectly understandable reason why they are acting like jerks...they just might not understand it themselves until the moment had passed.

For example, this evening...I made some stupid comments in a thread about somebody wanting to talk about prayer requests.

That was dumb. They are thinking in kindness...so dumb to treat that with meanness. But...eh, well...at that moment I was upset.

A cousin younger than me is seriously ill, and it infuriates me to beg "God" or whatever you would call it or nothing to have at least some semblance of decency.

Everyone around you acting like an *kitten* has a whole life full of perfectly understandable reasons in succession explaining why they are being jerks in that moment.

Having a filter between your head and mouth is a great idea, though...when I remove my filter...it is almost always for the worse.

For example, after months of positive thinking...instead of posting a bitter thesis on the illogical nature of prayer to the God of classical theism I made a few snide comments and came here to apologize.

Progress!

Very good point. I appreciate that response so much. I think we are all in a perpetual state of progress. :)

I actually came back to this thread to say I had an eye opening experience today that made me have faith in humanity again.

I was in a meeting with room full of Dr’s when a patient who was treated ill in the ER based of his history of drugs and his appearance ran into the Dr who treated him ill at a men’s retreat for church. That Dr realizes in all his judgement of this man he missed why that man was the way he was. That man had a horrible history of mental, sexual and physical abuse by his parents and did not want to be an addict. It was the life he was dealt. The Dr also missed what they had in common which was they are both a child of God and he had no right to treat that man like that. They are actually friends now and that man has been clean and sober for nearly 2 years. That man still looks the same as he did at the first encounter but he is changed inside. This testimony made me have faith in humanity again. It was very eye opening and I was thankful that man had the ability to be honest and tell that Dr how bad he had treated him. I also appreciated his strength and power to get up in front of a room full of Drs and explain this to them. He stepped way out of his comfort zone to hopefully bridge a gap for other patients who may be treated like they are less than human.

I’m so sorry for your cousins illness and what your family is going through. I also know what it is like to question my own beliefs and I understand why people do question it. I also know that prayer does not always save a persons life but it can help to make the passing from this life to the next easier and decrease pain and suffering in the process. It gives them something to look forward too. I have seen evidence for my self as I see a lot of death and suffering. I won’t say I know the reason for death or that I understand why we have to suffer at all. There is so much bad in the world. But I do know I take comfort in thinking that I may be with those who pass again someday in a world free of pain and suffering and that I could help them to suffer less with prayer. I would rather have faith in God and take a chance that I’m wrong thinking there is a better place than not have the faith and live eternity without that better place. I guess I’m saying I don’t have anything to loose by believing but I have everything to loose if I don’t. If that makes sense. I don’t say this to preach. I don’t think every person or every Christian says or does the right thing. In fact as a Christian I have probably failed more than what I did when I wasn’t a Christian. I feel judged myself by other Christians. But they are human and deserve my forgiveness as much as anyone. I respect people’s choice to believe what they want. This is just my experience and I felt compelled to share it.

I appreciate your response to my venting it made me think more about what the other people may be going through.

I’ll keep trying the positive thinking. I bought a book to write some positive thinking in daily a few months ago. It’s time to use it. Positive thinking does Work I have seen evidence of that too. Thanks for reminding me.

TL;DR

Ima waitin' for the movie....
  • cee134
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Progress!

TL;DR

you will be disappointed you didn't read the book. They are always better.

sc7157i5kw27.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Progress!

TL;DR

While we're waiting..wanna chill :tongue:
  • cee134
    Options

Progress!

TL;DR

sc7157i5kw27.jpg

Great book...would make a better movie.

I only listen to the radio.
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options

Progress!

TL;DR

sc7157i5kw27.jpg

Great book...would make a better movie.

I only listen to the radio.

what station?

NPR and 106.1 KISS FM (Texas Station).
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Progress!

TL;DR

While we're waiting..wanna chill :tongue:

you don't havta ask me twice!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    tknvjfnzkpzi.png
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,715 MFP Moderator
    Options
    5c980772cda3fc42aa90b41b1b880ee02cfe3714fff8fdef0b988b7dcfd44dd6.jpg

Dear Posters,

Please take a moment to review the forum guidelines, via the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please ensure all posts are within the guidelines, to avoid warnings and/or deletions, and to keep our community people and workplace-friendly.

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.