Filling in food diary in advance to save doing it daily

I might give this approach a go leaving a sensible amount of cals each day. I would find it loads less overwhelming I think if I filled in the bulk of it on same day. Just have to research some tasty meal prepping ideas now :)

Replies

• edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Just have to remember to eat everything and remember what you have and haven't eaten yet.

Recently I created a few meals, mostly interchangeable. That in combination with planning out a week of meals made things easier in terms of hitting calorie and macro goals. Also easier to track in the app by selecting a meal instead of individual food items.
  • pma1982
    pma1982 Posts: 17 Member
    Brill. Yes for sure :). I am starting tracking today. I do not have access to the ap so pre logging the bulk of it will be the way forward for me :)
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    I follow this method through the week & it works out much better for me. I have a notebook where I list nice meals I can cook & the day before I log into MFP and plan my food for the next day, this makes sure I get the right amount of calories in, helps to plan my macros & makes sure I use up my groceries. I generally leave about 100-200 calories spare as a buffer :smile: Happy Logging!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    yep, I used to do this. and I stuck to it!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    During the week I eat the same meals - I log one day of higher carbs and one day of lower carbs (training vs resting days). I don't even bother to copy the meals in to other days! I use the carbs/cals from the lower days to be a bit more indulgent on the weekend...
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    I normally pre log the diary the day before. I wouldnt pre log a whole week as I dont want everything to be too set in stone in case there are unexpected events like meeting friends for lunch or dinner, etc.
  • kenthepainter1
    kenthepainter1 Posts: 6 Member
    Pre planning my meals is the best strategy I have used.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    This approach works well for me. Eating the same things most days during the week makes it quite easy and my dinners are usually comprised of various different meals I rotate around each week. I can tweak weights and or any food changes (which is rare) through out the day if needed.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I do all my planning, shopping, cooking and logging on Sundays. I pack all my food the night before and just grab my bag on the way out the door. I adjust my diary if I make any changes during the day. It’s worked for me in a deficit and in maintenance
  • pma1982
    pma1982 Posts: 17 Member
    thank you everyone
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I, too, have been eating the same few things for the last good bit of time. I find that it helps with a lot of things (including digestion). The important thing is that you find out what works for YOU.

I would think that there might be some folks who would disagree with the idea of logging all of your food before you actually eat it. To each their own, right? I mean, that is the great thing about us humans: we are all so different. What is the saying? One man's treasure is another man's trash? Something like that.

Do what works for you. Point. Blank. Period!

Because, adherence is the single biggest factor for success (let's not debate that....it is what I believe to be the most important thing....to each their own) and this will - apparently - very much help you.