Diet Water Vrs Fat Water

2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Well, I do like bubble tea, mostly because I weirdly enjoy tapioca balls, but still no, seems icky. I like water (and prefer not to have to buy it, tap works for me), and I am certainly not consuming caloric water.

Plus, this idea that people have too little fat in their diets on a regular basis, from actual food, so need to force themselves to drink it in water is exactly the kind of nonsense that's wrong with the dieting world.

Hard to imagine opting for a fat water instead of something like nut butter, and I'm certainly someone who tends to be a bit low on fats unless I intentionally add peanut butter or something similar to reach the 20-30% range.

I know! I never mind an excuse to eat nuts, or some walnut butter in greek yogurt, or maybe some good quality cheese. I don't get why people would want to waste those calories on what sounds like icky water.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    Well, I do like bubble tea, mostly because I weirdly enjoy tapioca balls, but still no, seems icky. I like water (and prefer not to have to buy it, tap works for me), and I am certainly not consuming caloric water.

Plus, this idea that people have too little fat in their diets on a regular basis, from actual food, so need to force themselves to drink it in water is exactly the kind of nonsense that's wrong with the dieting world.

Hard to imagine opting for a fat water instead of something like nut butter, and I'm certainly someone who tends to be a bit low on fats unless I intentionally add peanut butter or something similar to reach the 20-30% range.

I know! I never mind an excuse to eat nuts, or some walnut butter in greek yogurt, or maybe some good quality cheese. I don't get why people would want to waste those calories on what sounds like icky water.

I know. For me personally, fat is the easiest and funnest thing to get more of. Nuts, full-fat salad dressings, dipping oils (garlic or chili), mayo . . . these things are all delicious, at least to me.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Oh God the fat water sounds disgusting! Imagine the mouthfeel - yuck!

lol.. did you ever have that drink from the 90s, i think it was called orbitz?

it was, i found a pic..

tvxy7y8hzlo7.jpg

the blob things were squishy and it was a weird texture when trying to drink it... probably why they dont sell them anymore lol.. but i imagine the texture of the fat water to be similar.. looking at the jar of coconut oil on my counter, you would think the oil would harden and float on the top.. lol

like bubble tea? or different?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Free water wasn't good enough.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    ritzvin wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Oh God the fat water sounds disgusting! Imagine the mouthfeel - yuck!

lol.. did you ever have that drink from the 90s, i think it was called orbitz?

it was, i found a pic..

tvxy7y8hzlo7.jpg

the blob things were squishy and it was a weird texture when trying to drink it... probably why they dont sell them anymore lol.. but i imagine the texture of the fat water to be similar.. looking at the jar of coconut oil on my counter, you would think the oil would harden and float on the top.. lol

like bubble tea? or different?

I've never had a bubble tea but there is a good chance it was something of the same
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    http://www.brandchannel.com/2015/08/24/fatwater-082415/

https://www.diet-blog.com/07/diet_water.php

Regular water is no longer good enough.. lol -- @PaulaWallaDingDong do you think the fat water would go good with that fat burning ice cream?

It would be an effective "cleanse" to take your Alli/Orlistat with fat water instead of regular water.

And no surprise that it's Dave Assprey hawking the stuff. Goes right along with all his other snake oil hokum BS.
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    I have to basically force myself (unless really hot, really thirsty, a bit dehydrated, or post exercise) to drink plain water. I've gotten better about it, as long as I have a straw, but I can't imagine trying to choke down this stuff. I say this without having tried it, but I'm happy to revert to my elementary school, non-experimental self and say, no way Jose!
  • baconbutt1996
    baconbutt1996 Posts: 21 Member
    The logic is wonderful! Trying to lose weight?! Add calories to the only healthy calorie free beverage!!1!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    The logic is wonderful! Trying to lose weight?! Add calories to the only healthy calorie free beverage!!1!

well.. technically.. no, thats not really the point of fat water, Fat water would be for people doing diets like Keto who have a high fat macro goal to meet. They would likely only drink this water to increase the satiety they experience from a higher fat diet. The coconut oil isn't terrible, it too is healthy.. but the two mixed together in a drink just seems like it would be like drinking the cooled off fat drippings after cooking meat.. thick and paste like.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    orbitz was horrible. you kind of got them random in your mouth when you took a drink and it was kinda thick consistancy. . i guess to get them to not sink to the bottom. it came out when i was a teenager and i'm glad it didn't stick around long.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm imagining kissing a guy after a day of hydrating with fat water. Him: "Um....you have pork fried rice for lunch?"
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I love how 20 calories of fat is supposed to make you burn more fat. And some people will actually believe it.

This is an unbelievably gross concept.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    So.. i was at a discount store today.. buying unicorns... cause.. yeah.. unicorns.. LOL

I found this.

kpzf8cf432zu.jpg
    ltrovmc1db2v.jpg

lol.. i honestly.. why? why does this even exist? lol

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    No. Just no.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    Drinkable yogurt can be tasty (although too many calories for me). Plain yogurt mixed with spring water seems less appealing, but really it should just be more drinkable/less thick yogurt. The problem with that bottle is I can't help but think of mayo (not sure why my mind goes there) and so it makes me feel ill.