HEALTHY low calorie dessert suggestions

Options
carriethecook
carriethecook Posts: 1 Member
Please share healthy dessert suggestions that don't include any processed foods.

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    What does processed mean? Why not processed foods? Is peanut butter processed? Frozen strawberries? Frozen yogurt?

I really like dark chocolate for dessert. Frozen strawberries blended in soy milk are super tasty as well. You can drink it or freeze into popsicles.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Please share healthy dessert suggestions that don't include any processed foods.

Fruit...
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Blend a frozen banana, tablespoon of peanut butter, half cup unsweetened almond milk and tiny bit of cacao powder. Eat as is or freeze for a couple of hours and have as ice cream. It's one of my favorites. That or a serving of dark chocolate chips.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Core an apple and stuff the middle with anything you want (sugar free syrup, some almonds, peaches, whatever, literally anything), then put it in foil and toss it in the oven.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    Core an apple and stuff the middle with anything you want (sugar free syrup, some almonds, peaches, whatever, literally anything), then put it in foil and toss it in the oven.

I have seen dozens of definitions of "processed food." I'm pretty sure that sugar-free syrup would count as processed under every one of those definitions. (You can't pick it off a tree or pull it out of the ground; it likely has more than X number of ingredients; it probably has an ingredient somebody would claim they didn't know what it was or couldn't pronouce; it comes in "packaging"; you don't generally find it on the perimeter of the grocery store; they think their grandmothers wouldn't have used it -- I always love that one, my grandmothers were both born in the 19th century, but they lived well into the second half of the 20th, and they certainly could have used most of the products people think of as "processed.")
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Define 'healthy'? And 'processed'? I have plenty of desserts that come in at 200 calories or fewer per serving, but, for example, would meringues be out because of the added sugar? (Or is the cream of tartar too processed?). If I make my own simple syrup out of sugar and water for a fruit sorbet, do you consider it healthy because of the fruit or unhealthy because of the added sugar? (And when I boil the sugar and water together, am I processing it?)

• JaaayAF
    JaaayAF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like fresh fruit in natural yoghurt (mango is perfect for it!).