Trying to lose belly fat and tone mucles

jihaneberr1533
jihaneberr1533 Posts: 19 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone, i'm 5ft8 and 200pounds, i carry most of the excess weight on my belly, i cut junk food ect but i dont know what kind of exercises i have to do to flatten my belly, any advices are welcome ❤
e4w8.jpg

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    To lose belly fat you need to be in a calorie deficit and wait for your body to burn that fat. You can't pick and choose
  • jihaneberr1533
    The problem is i lose weight much faster on the rest of my body but i see no change on my belly
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    My belly has been the last to go, and the first to show any bloat. Just the way it is ☺ keep at a deficit, and strength training! You won't build muscle at a deficit, but you'll retain and tone a bit which will help your stomach look flatter
  • jihaneberr1533
    Thank you ❤
  • thunderztormdk
    thunderztormdk Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2017
    If only there was a way to target fat. Unfortunately we can't. Just have to keep at it, keep working, and eventually we will look like we want to look.

Of course then we need to keep at it and keep working to KEEP that look..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    The problem is i lose weight much faster on the rest of my body but i see no change on my belly

Blame your parents, that's just genetics.

You can't spot reduce.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    I'm having the same problem. I've lost 25 lbs and inches all over, except for my belly.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I also lose on my stomach last.

You can't do anything about your genetics which determine WHERE we gain and store fat. You can only determine whether or not you ARE gaining or losing fat.

So for someone like you this means you'll just have to keep losing body fat all over until you've hit the stores in your stomach. No amount of exercising to target the abs is going to make a difference. For someone of your current height that is probably in the ~50lbs range.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Just chiming in... My belly was next to the last to go. Hips were the very last. You'll get there.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    When I read your post I knew others would have already chimed in to say the same thing. You cannot target any certain area with diet and exercise to lose fat in any area.

I am a guy and YEP most of my fat is around my belly also. I have lost 3-4 inches from around my waist, but I think most of what I have lost has come from other places. Unless you go to one of those places that advertise those fancy COOL SCULPTING fat removal ads, your just going to have to be patient and wait for your body to do it's thing.

Cool sculpting doesn't work.....save your cash.

cool sculpting absolutely works. But it's only really effective in already lean individuals.

I wonder if it has any affect on leg fat in particular banana rolls? Gah who am I kidding.. I'm too cheap and scared to find out
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2017
    sardelsa wrote: »
    When I read your post I knew others would have already chimed in to say the same thing. You cannot target any certain area with diet and exercise to lose fat in any area.

I am a guy and YEP most of my fat is around my belly also. I have lost 3-4 inches from around my waist, but I think most of what I have lost has come from other places. Unless you go to one of those places that advertise those fancy COOL SCULPTING fat removal ads, your just going to have to be patient and wait for your body to do it's thing.

cool sculpting absolutely works. But it's only really effective in already lean individuals.

I wonder if it has any affect on leg fat in particular banana rolls? Gah who am I kidding.. I'm too cheap and scared to find out

I don't want to totally derail this thread, but, are banana rolls the little area of fat under the butt?

here's one treatment round of coolsculpting in the area.

https://www.realself.com/coolsculpting/before-and-after-photos#media-photo-563822-157576-84
    from: https://www.realself.com/coolsculpting/before-and-after-photos

I don't even think coolsculpting is that expensive... like usually it runs in the $1,500-$2,000 range and most people (again, those who are already lean) only need one treatment.

I've never had it done personally, but i love looking at that realself website for reviews about all kinds of skincare stuff (like different lasers) and the general feedback on this is that it works very well. Hope that helps!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

I don't want to totally derail this thread, but, are banana rolls the little area of fat under the butt?

here's one treatment round of coolsculpting in the area.

https://www.realself.com/coolsculpting/before-and-after-photos#media-photo-563822-157576-84
    from: https://www.realself.com/coolsculpting/before-and-after-photos

I don't even think coolsculpting is that expensive... like usually it runs in the $1,500-$2,000 range and most people (again, those who are already lean) only need one treatment.

I've never had it done personally, but i love looking at that realself website for reviews about all kinds of skincare stuff (like different lasers) and the general feedback on this is that it works very well. Hope that helps!

Thank you! I thought it was a multiple treatment type thing thousands of dollars later.. good to know.
    Yea the area under the glutes.. my body will hold onto it for dear life (yay genetics). And the issue is I love how I look at a higher bodyfat% but would love just more separation between glutes and legs.

Sorry for the derail OP.