NSV: just passed on FRIED FOODS at the diner :)

Just wanted to share a victory from today: went out with a bunch of friends to the diner, and when they ordered FRIED onion rings and cheese-covered potato skins, I simply ordered a Manhattan clam chowder, and spinach salad with grilled salmon—no one even noticed that I wasn’t eating the junk food (which I didn’t want and wouldn’t have fit my cals or macros), and I feel satisfied with my choice and proud of my commitment!

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Good job! And the best part is figuring out that you didn't even want the junk food.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Doesn't it feel good to be in control of ones self?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Well done. Keep making awesome decisions for yourself! :star::star::star:
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Good job!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    It’s funny how self concious I used to be about eating healthy in front of others. Now, I couldn’t care less. In fact, I often bring my own lunch into catered office lunches and people are like “ooooh, that’s looks good....”

People really don’t give a crap what you eat or drink, good job sticking to your plan!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    That's awesome!! Making those choices as a conscious decision even when there is temptation is such a great feeling.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    it is all about the decisions ...great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!