Has your mother cut contact with you?

imanibelle
imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
If so, how do you feel about it? Just curious. :)

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I've spent far more time not speaking to/or being involved with my mother-in-law, which actually feels VERY freeing because I'm not being exposed to her crap and drama. Woohoo!

A couple times in my life my Mom and I were not always on the best terms. There were times we did not speak, much longer than I ever imagined and certainly didn't plan. Our problem is she and I are *very* stubborn. In the end we both had some 'growing up' to do, talk out past issues, come to common ground and just bury the hatchet. Our relationship has been very good for a long time now.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Not my mom. She talked to me and e-mailed all the time before she died.

My MIL dropped off the face of the Earth as far as my dh and I were concerned for at least a year. It was kind of sad and frustrating but less drama during that time.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Haven't seen the in-laws in nearly 10 years. That was my husband's choice. It's been so calm and peaceful...a relief actually. He doesn't regret it one bit. No hard feelings, just moving on without the drama. It sounds kind of sad, but it's really not. B)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Nope, Mom and I are on pretty good terms. Love my Mom in law too, she's a sweetheart. Don't hang out much with my Dad, but we haven't been close in decades.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Momepro wrote: »
    Nope, Mom and I are on pretty good terms. Love my Mom in law too, she's a sweetheart. Don't hang out much with my Dad, but we haven't been close in decades.

Both of my siblings have awesome MIL's. I went ahead and adopted both of them as my surrogate MIL's. I see both of them regularly. :D
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    In a way. She died 4 years ago and communication has definitely taken a down-turn since that time. She just doesn't make the effort!
    My father on the other hand, cut contact about 3 years ago and very glad I am too. A more racist unpleasant angry bigot I've yet to meet.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    In a way. She died 4 years ago and communication has definitely taken a down-turn since that time. She just doesn't make the effort!
    My father on the other hand, cut contact about 3 years ago and very glad I am too. A more racist unpleasant angry bigot I've yet to meet.

I hate it when people use death as an excuse to stop making effort.
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    My family cut contact with me and my daughters 3 years ago . My oldest just graduated high school and her grandparents didn’t even show up, ( they live half a mile away).
    They know how much rejection my daughters have already suffered with their mother giving them up at 7 and 10 years old but, because of a petty disagreement with me over Christmas Day plans, they severed ties with my daughters just to try and hurt me. My mother even unfriended and blocked the girls on Facebook. The girls had nothing to do with any of it.
    I say “good riddence “. We’re better off without them. My sister followed my mothers lead. They never even offered any help a year ago when I had just gotten out of the hospital after my second hip replacement surgery and our house burned down.
  • PAFC84
    edited November 2017
    My family cut contact with me and my daughters 3 years ago . My oldest just graduated high school and her grandparents didn’t even show up, ( they live half a mile away).
    They know how much rejection my daughters have already suffered with their mother giving them up at 7 and 10 years old but, because of a petty disagreement with me over Christmas Day plans, they severed ties with my daughters just to try and hurt me. My mother even unfriended and blocked the girls on Facebook. The girls had nothing to do with any of it.
    I say “good riddence “. We’re better off without them. My sister followed my mothers lead. They never even offered any help a year ago when I had just gotten out of the hospital after my second hip replacement surgery and our house burned down.

Thats women for you. Petty to the core ;)
    Seriously though, whilst it might hurt your daughters now, it sounds like its for the best to be away from such toxic ppl.
  • peckchris3267
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Seriously though, whilst it might hurt your daughters now, it sounds like its for the best to be away from such toxic ppl.

And my father has no say in anything and hasn’t had any say for as far back as I can remember.
  • PAFC84

And my father has no say in anything and hasn’t had any say for as far back as I can remember.

Poor man. Does she at least give him the key to the cupboard so he can polish his balls annually?
  • peckchris3267

Poor man. Does she at least give him the key to the cupboard so he can polish his balls annually?

I’m sure she confiscated his balls long ago.
  • PAFC84

I’m sure she confiscated his balls long ago.

That's why he needs the key
  • PAFC84
    Look at her trying to lull people into a false sense of security with that jumper. Your reverse psychology doesn't work on me missy. I know evil when I see it
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Sounds like you are way better off without them.. Just because people are related to you doesn't automatically make them good for you. Seems true in your case. Your daughters definitely don't need their kind of influence in their lives.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I can't relate to the thread in the least.

Why is it that the people that should love us all the most, sometimes treats some of us the worst?

It makes no sense.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I can't relate to the thread in the least.

Why is it that the people that should love us all the most, sometimes treats some of us the worst?

It makes no sense.

^^True! No one can hurt you as much as family.

My Mom never cut contact with me. She died in 2000, resulting from a car accident. I like thinking she is my guardian angel and always in contact with me!

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Yeah, she cut ties with my brother and me over 30 years ago. Never met her grandchildren. Oh well.
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    I'm very close to my mom and very happy to be. I only have 1 and she's not getting any younger, our parents won't be there forever it's important to cherish every moment and be thankful that we do have parents.

squat your mom and maybe she'll get you pizza