Looking for friends who need the motivation to keep going strong

Options
I'm looking for friends that need the motivation to keep going strong I can sure tell you it has been very hard for me but I have stuck to it and I'm not stopping anytime soon. When I started my journey back in April I weighed in at 238 pounds and today I'm at 190 pounds I'm currently down 48 pounds and I feel so much better and don't feel tired during the day like I was before. I have great support at home my husband had to have weight loss surgery due to health reasons and before surgery he was 345 and he now weighs 286 he's lost around 59 pounds so yes between me and him were over 100 pounds together already and were not stopping. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• tikelolo
    tikelolo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm just starting this journey after a long bout of illness and depression. I "accidentally" lost 12 lbs in the past couple months (down to 234 lbs) and realized that I don't have to stay stuck anymore. I've been pretty successful with changing my eating habits but am highly unmotivated when it comes to exercise. I started playing with the activity tracker on my phone and saw that maybe I should give myself some credit for the things that I accomplish, researched the Fitbit and here I am. I bought the Charge 2 today and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Your story is encouraging and greatly appreciated. I've never responded to a post or joined a group but if I want something different, I need to do things differently. My family is very supportive but I would like to share this journey with people who are taking the same route as well.
  • byronsim
    byronsim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve just bought the blaze. Have been overweight most of my life. So now looking to motivate myself to do better if not for me, then for my kids. Feel free to add me, byronsim@gmail.com
  • tmonty67
    tmonty67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me, always looking for motivation. :smiley: (My goal is to transform from lazy to fit
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am struggling. Sometimes I have a hard time believing I could eat what Fitbit says and lose. I'm going to give it a week and see what happens
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am lynnbaum I am back to logging all foods on this site. I love the food log. I belong to a gym that uses the myzone, I wish it would sync to my fitnesspal
  • ElizabethRodriguezStacy
    Options
    I am new to this group, but have been using MFP for about 330 days. It works, if you work it! I lost 60 lbs. I have been using my FitBit to help me train for runs. Always looking for motivation and like minded friends.
  • penkon
    penkon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ooo I would love the motivation also! Username is penkon
  • emilyshaw7103
    emilyshaw7103 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like most, I started today as well. I have 25-30lbs to lose and would love a support system. Everyone please add me and lets get this started!!! My most successful pattern has been to set smaller goals and build up from there. My first goal is 5lbs and for the month of Jan, I want to have ran 12 miles this month in total.
  • Ashrew_Untamed
    Ashrew_Untamed Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Setting goals to keep in the new year. Please feel free to add me.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/245ZGD
  • Ashrew_Untamed
    Ashrew_Untamed Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group, but have been using MFP for about 330 days. It works, if you work it! I lost 60 lbs. I have been using my FitBit to help me train for runs. Always looking for motivation and like minded friends.

Also looking for like minded friends. Feel free to add me as a friend here and on FitBit. https://www.fitbit.com/user/245ZGD
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just got a Blaze for Christmas & would like some MFP/Fitbit friends. I have been over weight for all of my adult life, started MFP in Feb 2017 & have lost 22 lbs. I have no problem with motivation to exercise as it has become routine now ( try to run/jog 5km in the morning before work and walk about 6 km during my lunch & stay within/below my calorie allotment until the weekend comes (lol) but for some reason my body does not want to let go of the extra fluff I have. Feel free to add me.
  • Minskc
    Minskc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit for 3 years...but was not using regularly. Need to loose around 25 lbs...have been very lazy recently...need all the motivation, feel free to add me as friend
  • mrodrigue2013
    mrodrigue2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello .. I have been on and off mfp for years but time to get back .. it's not a first. Feel free to add me!
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just got my second ChargeHR. My first one the band started to bubble around the face so I tried the Charge2. During a bout of depression caused by circumstances, I decided to sell my Charge2, I didn't really like the interface too much - I just wanted to push the button on the side of the Fitbit for the timer and categorize the exercise later. Which brings me up-to-date, within the last few weeks I found a brand new ChargeHR on eBay.

My new Fitbit gave me the motivation I needed so start being active again! Four weeks ago, I didn't work out at all and the last three weeks I worked out 4x the first week, 3x the second, and this week is almost done and I've worked out 5x!

It's always nice to have more MFP friends, you can add me if you want.