Am I done gaining? My goal is 130-135 but my gain per week ratio keeps decreasing :(

Options

Replies

• sarahsmith0325
    sarahsmith0325 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry the screen shots aren’t in order hopefully you can mentally put them in order to help me :( I’m really sad
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Look like a great rate of gain to me. I’m not sure what the problem is?
  • sarahsmith0325
    sarahsmith0325 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’ve been at 119.0 forever like I’m not gaining as quickly as I was and I’m worried my gaining is “done”
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    What are your goals with gaining? At 2lbs per week what you are gaining is pretty much all fat. Is the concern here just getting to a healthy weight or is this about aesthetics?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I remember a thread of yours but only remember you were gaining more than 2 pounds a week???

Weight gain can stall out just like losing weight can.. that said it looks very well with in the +/- range of normal fluctuations. For my self if my gain stalls for 2-3 weeks I consider another small bump in calories while keeping my activity and workouts consistent and trend that over several more weeks.

Factor in dietary changes you have made (sodium/carbs, hydration or lack there of), glycogen/muscle repair, and your monthly cycle, etc.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Looking at your trend/moving average, you are heading in the right direction and it looks great to me. As I mentioned in your other threads.. your weight will usually jump up in the beginning (more food, water retention etc) and you do not want to be gaining too fast.. any more than 2lbs a week will be more likely to be fat. Patience..you will not get to 135lbs in a few weeks.. it's going to take time (months). If you feel like your weight is stalling after two weeks increase the cals by 150 or so.
  • nndarden
    nndarden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OK. This is just the reverse of my problem. But the rules still apply. The more weight you gain, the more calories you need to maintain that weight. So unless you increase your calorie intake above what you are doing now - or decrease the amount of exercise - the slower you'll gain weight and the longer it'll take to get to your goal.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Your trend looks great. I'm guessing that the more weight you gain, the more active you have become. So the rate of gains has slowed down. That's okay - you want that to happen the closer you get to your goal weight so it will be easy to maintain. The others have given you good advice on what to do if the weight actually stalls, but so far you are doing a good job. Keep it up! :)