It’s bulking season

2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    filbo132 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Personally I don't see why there should be a bulking season, you should bulk when you're lean and cut when you're heavy af regardless of the season, if it falls during Xmas time, use those days as refeeds days and adjust your calories for the week if necessary. But again, that's just me. Don't be shy to eat some treats as long as the majority of your meals aren't just junk food. Having a donut here and there is not the end of the world as long as you still hit micronutrients, fiber and your macros.

Because winter = sweaters and leggings

Summer = now where did I put my shirt again?

Haha :p

I understand that mind of thinking, but it's not optimal for building muscles since you may ending prematurely your muscle building phase simply because of seasonal change. But like I said, I do get why people do it, I used to do it myself. Nowadays I bulk until I feel and look fat and I cut when I feel small and close to Skeletor regardless of the season.

I hear ya. But there is a huge mental aspect of bulking.. and in my experience, winter definitely makes it easier. If I were to try to bulk in the summer I would probably not gain very much due to being so uncomfortable... So that wouldn't be optimal either. Again if you have no issues with it, then ya go for it right.
  • Greater_Gains
    Greater_Gains Posts: 32 Member
    Personally I don't see why there should be a bulking season, you should bulk when you're lean and cut when you're heavy af regardless of the season, if it falls during Xmas time, use those days as refeeds days and adjust your calories for the week if necessary. But again, that's just me. Don't be shy to eat some treats as long as the majority of your meals aren't just junk food. Having a donut here and there is not the end of the world as long as you still hit micronutrients, fiber and your macros.

Because winter = sweaters and leggings

Summer = now where did I put my shirt again?

Haha :p

I understand that mind of thinking, but it's not optimal for building muscles since you may ending prematurely your muscle building phase simply because of seasonal change. But like I said, I do get why people do it, I used to do it myself. Nowadays I bulk until I feel and look fat and I cut when I feel small and close to Skeletor regardless of the season.

I hear ya. But there is a huge mental aspect of bulking.. and in my experience, winter definitely makes it easier. If I were to try to bulk in the summer I would probably not gain very much due to being so uncomfortable... So that wouldn't be optimal either. Again if you have no issues with it, then ya go for it right.

Winter for bulking all the way as no one wants a nice cold salad on a winters night :) however on a nice sumers day i have no issues eating salads and things like that