Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Well I bet WW is a FOR profit business and there is a reason why that is. Like when Amway changed to Quikstar and then changed back i think. They are just trying to reinvent something. Adding 200 things and I am assuming they SELL all these items at an extra cost to you. then no wonder its a great way to increase the bottom line. Now of course I know nothing really and I am guessing to be honest. If I am wrong then stick my foot in my mouth. OH wait how many calories are in my foot? ;-)

you are welcome to our gaggle of posters here.

nope they dont sell these 200 items...

its pretty much all lean meats, fruits.. veggies.. canned foods lol

PFFFFFT things you can do on your own here. Then it must be a cliche thing
  • camilledaisy
    camilledaisy Posts: 33 Member
    @HellYeahItsKriss
    I believe it's called Simply Filling
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    on the other thread, the girl on WW's defense said they have a program at WW for the people only wanting to eat the 0 calorie foods.. im trying to remember what she called it...

Back in the day, it was called "Core". I'm sure it's been renamed by now.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Well I bet WW is a FOR profit business and there is a reason why that is. Like when Amway changed to Quikstar and then changed back i think. They are just trying to reinvent something. Adding 200 things and I am assuming they SELL all these items at an extra cost to you. then no wonder its a great way to increase the bottom line. Now of course I know nothing really and I am guessing to be honest. If I am wrong then stick my foot in my mouth. OH wait how many calories are in my foot? ;-)

you are welcome to our gaggle of posters here.

nope they dont sell these 200 items...

its pretty much all lean meats, fruits.. veggies.. canned foods lol

PFFFFFT things you can do on your own here. Then it must be a cliche thing

Yeah.. you can do them here, but on WW they are 0 point foods so they don't count as eating anything
    They also say you don't have to count or weigh these foods, so enjoy them.. LOL
    @HellYeahItsKriss
    I believe it's called Simply Filling

Yes! There we go.. She decided not to bother explaining the concept of an an entire 0 point food diet lol
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited December 2017
    The idea was that if you eat these foods, you don't need to worry about portion control, because you will "naturally" get full before you wipe out your deficit. The catch is that any foods not on that list are extremely restricted. Or, at least, they were when I did the program about 15 years ago. Well. That and not everybody gets satiated by the same foods. Or knows when to stop.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    welcome!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    I don't like fruit... or most veggies, but i can sit down with a chunk of cold chicken or turkey or canned tuna with no problems. lol
  • gooz71
    gooz71 Posts: 97 Member
    Is oprah still clinging to the program as their mascot?

Yes she is 10% owner of the company
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Lol.. oh lordie..

Shes done a lot of great things.. but... yeah.. not this one.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    "The list" https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/sites/default/files/freestyle_zero_points_foods.pdf

I just bought a kg of cherries. I assure you, I can eat a kg of cherries in a day no problems (I have to have a little bowl to put the pits in to count later, b/c I will just grab a few every time I wander past). That's 500 calories right there.

I have a cherry tree in the backyard that s stupid with the amounts of cherries it produces. So I have bags with ~3kg in them frozen in the freezer. I've got no problem thawing and eating one of those. It doesn't fit my calories, but no way could I consider cherries non-calorie.

I anticipate this 'problem' with grapes in a couple of months :). And apples, and figs, and watermelon (if I ever get around to planting the poor things), and strawberries...there's possibly a blueberry too, but as yet it is not showing signs of fruit.

just one singular blueberry? no wonder it wont grow, its probably sad, depress and lonely down there.

That’s why it’s blue.

ba da bump. lol
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    "The list" https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/sites/default/files/freestyle_zero_points_foods.pdf

I just bought a kg of cherries. I assure you, I can eat a kg of cherries in a day no problems (I have to have a little bowl to put the pits in to count later, b/c I will just grab a few every time I wander past). That's 500 calories right there.

I have a cherry tree in the backyard that s stupid with the amounts of cherries it produces. So I have bags with ~3kg in them frozen in the freezer. I've got no problem thawing and eating one of those. It doesn't fit my calories, but no way could I consider cherries non-calorie.

I anticipate this 'problem' with grapes in a couple of months :). And apples, and figs, and watermelon (if I ever get around to planting the poor things), and strawberries...there's possibly a blueberry too, but as yet it is not showing signs of fruit.

just one singular blueberry? no wonder it wont grow, its probably sad, depress and lonely down there.

Oh it's huge, but yeah, may want a friend. Also not actually entirely sure it is a blueberry. That may be wishful thinking (because obviously there's not already enough fruit in my backyard).