I found a healthy sweet tooth solution!!

I wish I could post a picture to help anyone who wants to shop for these.

Coconut Cream Pie Larbars!
They taste like an almond Joy! Or pie!
5 total ingredients: dates, unsweetened coconut, almonds, cashews and extra virgin coconut oil.

You can probably find a like recipe to make but- I am a mom who works full time and I ain't got time for that

Replies

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks a ton I always need sweet tooth solutions!
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Yum I will try soon for sure!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Mmm, nutrient breakdown?
    I'm not interested in a 'healthy sweet tooth solution' unless it is a 10:1 solution (cals:protein). Otherwise it is just a treat (or whatever).

Cheers, h.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    They are 210 calories, similar to a normal choc bar. They might be made of "healthier" ingredients, but they aren't really a solution to anything imo.

I was thinking the same thing. I could have 3/4 of a cup of full fat French vanilla ice cream for 210 calories. I was expecting a low calorie alternative for sweets.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Yeah, 200 cal is how much plenty of cookies, Kind bars, ice cream, chocolate bars, etc., are. But if you love this bar, that's great it works for you!

For me the obvious lower cal sweet option is fruit. It's not always what I want (if I want, say, chocolate or creaminess), but if sweetness is what's desired, it's perfect.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Lara Bars (and Lara Bar bites), but they have the whole health halo thing about them that is sort of silly, imo. If I'm getting something along those lines for the calories, I'd rather have a Kind Bar to be honest. They're a little less sweet, but I prefer the macro profile.

Again, I'm not dissing Lara bars. I think they're tasty. But so are a lot of other things that have the same amount of calories.

Like lemurcat, to me the lowest calorie sweet option is fruit. I'm a volume eater to an extent and I can get the most filling and satisfying bang for my buck by eating fruit. Do you know how much watermelon I could eat for 200 calories?

For something on the super sweet side that's densely sweet like dates are (let's face it, Lara bars are pretty much all dates), I'd rather just have chocolate. A fun sized candy bar is a low calorie option that I avail myself of often.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Larabars are just okay. I do like them. I like the cashew cookie and chocolate pb! But, I prefer many other bars to them They are so small for 200 calories.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    200 calories isn’t exactly an alternative. Nor are they cheap. I’d more than likely eat that on a bulk over a cut.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Dates are so calorific, 200 calories of some other fruits would fill me up better. That said I do like the cashew larabar.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Lara Bars (and Lara Bar bites), but they have the whole health halo thing about them that is sort of silly, imo. If I'm getting something along those lines for the calories, I'd rather have a Kind Bar to be honest. They're a little less sweet, but I prefer the macro profile.

Again, I'm not dissing Lara bars. I think they're tasty. But so are a lot of other things that have the same amount of calories.

Like lemurcat, to me the lowest calorie sweet option is fruit. I'm a volume eater to an extent and I can get the most filling and satisfying bang for my buck by eating fruit. Do you know how much watermelon I could eat for 200 calories?

For something on the super sweet side that's densely sweet like dates are (let's face it, Lara bars are pretty much all dates), I'd rather just have chocolate. A fun sized candy bar is a low calorie option that I avail myself of often.

I like Larabars, but I'm with you. Dates I treat pretty much like candy -- they're delicious and I do eat them, but I make sure to monitor my portions. The date/nut combination doesn't do much to personally fill me up.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Instead of having dates, I'd rather have some apricots. Help me hit my iron goal.
    As for 200 cal protein bars, I prefer Quest for their high protein and fiber.
  • GottaBurnEmAll

I like Larabars, but I'm with you. Dates I treat pretty much like candy -- they're delicious and I do eat them, but I make sure to monitor my portions. The date/nut combination doesn't do much to personally fill me up.

Yeah, I don't find them filling in the particular ratio Larabars uses either. I like the nuts/fruit ratio that Kind bars use better. As I said, less sweet, but I find them more satisfying.

Now, if I'm into it, I really do like those chocolate/cherry Lara Bar bites. They have one of my favorite flavor profiles.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Yeah, I don't find them filling in the particular ratio Larabars uses either. I like the nuts/fruit ratio that Kind bars use better. As I said, less sweet, but I find them more satisfying.

Now, if I'm into it, I really do like those chocolate/cherry Lara Bar bites. They have one of my favorite flavor profiles.

Oh my gosh, I love those chocolate cherry bites. I got a bag to snack on at work recently and they were delicious. I like that they're already in smaller portions so it makes them easier to fit in.
  • GottaBurnEmAll

Oh my gosh, I love those chocolate cherry bites. I got a bag to snack on at work recently and they were delicious. I like that they're already in smaller portions so it makes them easier to fit in.

Yeah, the bites are really nice for giving you a little jolt of something sweet for an amount of calories you can easily control. Kind of like snack size and fun size candies.